basketball
Years ago

NBL1, Big V, VJBL

Do any of these continue? It's a lot to ask these players to keep stay engaged mentally while also staying in shape physically with all the stop and go. Is it worth it? 3 lockdowns within 6 weeks of each other doesn't bode well for the future

Topic #49074 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are allowed to exercise. Go for a run for an hour. Go do sprints. You people make it sound like they are in jail. There are a million ways to keep up your fitness

Reply #866041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fitness and Game Fitness are 2 different things,
Not sure what will happen but with this weeks games in Big V and vjbl cancelled the season will end up lope sided come finals. Nbl1 causing Clubs pain. Even if it gets going again with no spectators and time running out to complete a fair fixture I am thinking it in the hands of the gods

Reply #866053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

games cancelled this week, will be cancelled next week as well. right into finals after 2 lockdowns over the course of a month? and that is if the lockdown ends next week which will probably not happen... increase risk of injuries, teams not practicing, you name it...

Reply #866065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

National Junior Classic? Yes or no?

Reply #866085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Above start a new thread , this is about next week not months away

Reply #866086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

086 really?
Are you in charge here?
Calm down champ.

Reply #866094 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can someone get some tissues for all the injuries they are going to have...that no one has had yet

Reply #866095 | Report this post

Gman  
Years ago

Straight from a club Big V season finals for top 4 teams will occur for everyone Yay!!!!!!! More info coming in next couple of days on big v. they have been in mmeetings with clubs during today just finalising things for VYC

FROM THE HORSES MOUTH - Aiming for 11/12 sept all KNOCKOUT TOP 4 finals played on one weekend at big large metro venues selcted by league to give best shot to complete them and regional teams will travel down for weekend.

a reserve week will be used I think the next week 18/19 sept if not able to play 11/12 sept or clubs arent able to train during the week leading up to finals. which makes sense to ensure we can at least train together once or twice before playing finals fgames.

Well done big v - aim for the stars !!!! we all need hope and what a brilliant plan and news for us all today

But bad news will be 18-19 Sep the cord will officially be CUT on the season if not playing finals that weekend. Fingers crossed this doesn;t happen but at least we have hope again and Big V are doing what they should be doing giving it the best shot to get the seson complete rather than just giving up!!!!!

Reply #867983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep can confirm will be a one weekend hit out at MSAC. Semis on Saturday GF on Sunday.

No Spectators.

No Home court advantage.

No preparation.

Reply #867989 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Monster advantage to the country clubs

Reply #867990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As for why they want to bring everyone to the one venue is baffling. Seperate people incase of a random exposure.

They have lost the plot.

Reply #867994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why MSAC? Teams have worked hard for home court advantage and have no say in this?

Reply #867996 | Report this post

Gman  
Years ago

Our club was told today all finals will be scheduled across multiple larger metro venues over a weekend so calm down on your covid stuff lol and msac.

Reason for this is cause finals need to be done and dusted quickly in a weekend and keeping home crt doesnt work cause of regional teams and as a result no double header finals. Makes sense to me peoples lol

Imagine playing finals then few days later covid hits and we cant get to play in the granny. so makes sense to me to knock it over quickly when we get chance.

You guys are living in the past and fairy world of what is ideal. Sure yeah minimal training into a final isnt ideal or playing 2 or 3 finals in a weekend, but is 2021 people in a pandemic! Only other thing is to just give up like society seems to do on everything.

So i reckon its awesome we have this little potential window of getting back on for finals! My coach always says think back to 2020 when we didnt even get to play- so suck it up and acceppt things for what they are. and just play when you can be grateful - and if you dont want to play dont - they said that to our club to. no one is forcing these negative persons from playing.
Ok Gman rant over - checking out - bring on sept 11 peoples get around it & if you dont want to dont- dont ruin it for the rest of us

Reply #868006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NBL1 teams that can train are still training!

Reply #868027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Care to share who your team? Because my team sits in the top 4 D1 and has heard nothing from Big V... easy to come on here sharing whatever you feel like but give something that makes it more believable... unless your team is more special than mine

Reply #868031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I guess Div 1 isn't very special

Reply #868035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think this is for YL1M and YL Champs division. As you say Div 1 men clubs heard nothing yet

Reply #868062 | Report this post

EXCITED  
Years ago

just got off phone to my coach its back baby!!!!! . he said league are just chatting i think with conference club teams last 2 days and this why there are rumours everywhere , cause i think its a bit more complicated with getting finals done quickly for conf rather than over 2 days for semi/gf for others?

once sorted there will be public today or tomorrow my coach said on everything

so dont feel too unwanted d1 team lol we are the complicated bunch i think in conf holding everything back now- info stuff is coming - and yes its true finals time!!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats

lets just hope we get on court by then though lol

Reply #868082 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

https://bigv.com.au/big-v-schedule-update-18-aug/

Reply #868083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

D1 is the new D2, pack of sooks

Reply #868088 | Report this post

EXCITED!!!!!!  
Years ago

60 cases again today. Think we are dreaming about getting back for finals on 11th as per the website schedule plan

Fingers crosssed the reserve week they have set aside can be used so we can play finals

Bloody COVID and lockdowns this stuff will never end .

Tipping Mon 13th sep we might be done though when they cancel the season if we are still in lockdown on their plan.

Oh well guess there is 2022 then - but who knows on that even . This is a joke seriously cant even play a game of basketball !!!

Reply #868192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully if scumo stops lying and we do get the vaccine promised months ago we can get vaccinated to 80% by Christmas and start to live like most other countries are already.

Reply #868193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would expect the NBL1 South comp to be canned next week.

Reply #868250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seeing how high the numbers are, i doubt finals will happen as well

Reply #868255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL1 South would still have to contend with border restrictions for SA and Tas even Vic get up and going. Things won't align there. All 3 teams from SA/Tas are in finals and all in with a good shot of winning it. So that would negate what NBL1 North have done and just jumped straight in to finals. Unless of course they are going to be total arseholes and cut the 3 interstate teams out altogether??

Reply #868275 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:08 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754