confirmed 15 minutes ago via members email

Reply #873969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mango not ready

Reply #873971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth are looking great. Anyone know what kind of offense Morrison is going to run? No more Gleeson flex.

Reply #873977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

solid pickup - and he brings a few highlights when on court. Looking very excited for this years roster.

Reply #873981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And decreases their IQ considerably

Reply #873982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You could argue the same with Oglvy for the Hawks who made the finals. More about the coach , and the stars you have --> with good backup from your role players.

Heck we won a championship with Jervis playing major minutes at centre :)

My bigger concern is injuries with a few new and current players with recent injury history.

Reply #873984 | Report this post

X ball  
Years ago

Absolutely puts Wildcats in the driver seat for a long way.

I think wildcats have recruited well this year. It is going to be enjoyable watching them play.

Reply #873991 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Doubters gonna Doubt!

This was the plan from the start (as in a Local Centre)

Reply #873999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norton
Cotton
Blanchfield
Law
Hodgeson

Not bad.

Reply #874000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not a WOW signing, but a very good one, fills a needed gap.

Reply #874004 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Doubters gonna Doubt!

This was the plan from the start (as in a Local Centre)

Reply #874007 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Hodgson's size is sorely needed in this team.

You can't just rely on Majok, especially since he is coming off a 1 season absence.

This team is good.

I am looking forward to Sixers Vs Wildcats as usual, I think Humphries and DJ will give Hodgson and Law troubles, but of course they have Cotton.

Reply #874013 | Report this post

Silencer83  
Years ago

Gross.

Not a fan of the walking foul.

Reply #874014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Either Santamaria is lying or this is a rare Perth fuck up.

With the regular season for the nba starting in under a week, all teams were making cuts and there was bound to be a 5 man in there that would've been valuable.

My only guess would be is that they love Frazier a lot and with likely a new system they they think they’ll be fine with the roster balance. So if things work out then I’ll be wrong and good for them as currently having Hodgson and Majok as your 2 5 men leaves a bit to be desired. Unless Law is great at being a small ball 5 then it’s a bit worrisome.

The only other thing that’s comes to mind is they must’ve not wanted to spend too much on a centre (this relates to the coaches new system being much more perimeter based) and that’s why they weren’t willing to get one who was cut from an nba side and instead went local.

Then again lots of people doubted Mooney and had similar fears last year in regard to thin front court depth but as we know he was fantastic and Perth had another good year. They also had Gleeson where now they don’t so I guess like everything we’ll have to wait and see as everything could turn out just fine and this’ll be all for nothing.

Reply #874020 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Gross.

Not a fan of the walking foul.

Yeah, he has been kind of a fan fav in Perth for the dumb things he regularly did when playing against us, so I get it.
I'd have more faith in that side of his game being minimised if Trev was still here, but Hodgson is still a pretty decent player so I'm happy with the signing.

Reply #874022 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

So if things work out then I'll be wrong and good for them as currently having Hodgson and Majok as your 2 5 men leaves a bit to be desired.

Now that Trev is gone it is a reset but in Perth's recent championships there centres were

- Jervis / Knight
- Jawaii / Jervis
- McKay / Brandt
- Brandt / Jervis
- Hunt/ Plumlee / Majok

Each of the above performed their roles well to rebound, change / block shots, set picks but were complimentary rather than central to the team's schemes. I think the Wildcats above most know how to play with serviceable 5 men.

Plus there is not that much Australian 5's around at the moment.

Reply #874027 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

*their

Reply #874028 | Report this post

Silencer83  
Years ago

Always a voice of reason Luuuc ;)

I trust the coaches to know better than me :D

Reply #874029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not saying they can’t have those guys work lovebroker I’m simply saying it’s not ideal to have those 2 as the guys manning the middle.

I also did mention the prospect of new system, law playing the 5 and any other potential changes to the roster that will likely have Perth being fine. It’s the idea of a guy coming off injury and a foul prone guy as your two 5 men isn’t what you’d hope but again I’m not saying they can’t make it work. (if anything my personal opinion leans more than likely they will)

Reply #874030 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

He seemed to do less bone headed stuff at Brisbane compared to when he was with Adelaide.

Reply #874031 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Hodgy will be fine in Perth, perfect pickup for them imo.

Needs to shake the reputation of being a dumb arse. Perhaps playing in front of a big crowd that demands excellence and on a team with a strong culture will be just the tonic?

If on his game, genuine potential to easily be a top 5 frontline player in the league. Brisbane would've been better with him but have gone the Aldi route.

Reply #874033 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

A Local Centre was the plan from the start, under Gleeson. Granted, with Gleeson, he was looking for a 20 minute proposition. Don't know if that changes under Scomo. Early on they were trying to get Reath.

And yes, an Import Wing was also always the plan.
I'm almost surprised that it didn't change with the New Management, and who knows, they possibly did explore "all options" but came back to what they knew would work.

It's weird that they still talk about having completed their roster. They don't appear to have signed a designated replacement, and obviously with Blanch's injury that player will be in the team from game one.

Reply #874036 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Years ago

I'm just astonished that Majok Majok is being called upon to be a 15-20 minute player. Has his game evolved much from his time with the Breakers? Because otherwise, yikes.

This still seems like a 'pending Bryce Cotton citizenship' contender.

Reply #874068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Majok is coming back from a serious injury too. That centre spot is going to be interesting.

Reply #874077 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Hodgson - 'kin good bloke.. A lotta those fouls aint fouls..

Reply #874142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, agree Hodgson gets fouls called on suspicion at times, the Perth red army could help out a lot there. Good signing.

Reply #874146 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

This really sucks and I'll tell you why, Majok is looking trim and terrific and I want him to be the NBL leading rebounder as he was with Hakim Warrick backing him up (for the first few months of the season) and I’d love to start Jook and have Hodson coming off the bench as I want Matt fresh and out of foul trouble going into the last quarter. To me Hodgson could be an Olympian and play 5-10 minutes a game and provide great rim protection (plenty could play that role I know) but this sucks because there is no way that Jook is playing that much and Matt will do some head scratching acts and yes be victimized by bad calls too but hopefully this squad can work it out as it feels like we need a next star that’s a big otherwise maybe we could play Travers at the 5 (he is taller than Wildcats championship heroes Crawford and Knight) so who knows how ScoMo will line up this season

Reply #874187 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

It's hard speculate too much, because obviously Scomo will be different to Gleeson
Trevor would usually go small sometimes 10 to 15 minutes per game. Typically asking around the 20 minute mark for his starting Centre, and 5 to 10 minutes from his backup
That said, if somebody like you Jook going, she would typically let him run

Interesting to see how Scomo runs things

Reply #874260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please stop calling him Scomo. That nickname is shit to begin with, and let's leave it with the numpty who has it now.

Reply #874261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could not agree more, f..king horrible name and person of the present holder. Surely there is a better handle out there.

Reply #874263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scomo will be a great coach.

Reply #874264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed, scomo should do well especially with the resources at Perth. An NBA coach like scomo going to Perth will adjust easier compared to going to a Brisbane or cairns for example.

Reply #874278 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

ScoMo isn't in the country yet and is coaching remotely. Hopefully it doesn't impede things moving forward.

Reply #874282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ScoMo used to play for the Tigers didn't he?

Reply #874283 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Morrison_(basketball_player)

Good memory #283 - so the current NBL ScoMo isn't even the original. ScoMo v2 doesn't sound too bad.

Reply #874284 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

This ScoMo has been an assistant coach at the Celtics for the past few years totally different one to the big stiff that played for the Tigers, funnily enough they're both Canadian too.

Reply #874289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I do enjoy using scomo just to upset that one anon so butt hurt about it ha.

Reply #874290 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

Perthworld, the current NBL ScoMo isn't even the original.

The original didn't become PM, did he?

Reply #874292 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:15 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754