Anonymous
Years ago

Which Import Will Be First To Go

Who do you guys think will be the first import to go this season ?

Topic #49587 | Report this topic

Bullets  
Years ago

Figured Agada would be the first to go but he's come around the last couple of weeks. Once Siva got injured , thought he would depart too but surprisingly he’s staying. McIntosh down in Tasmania isn’t performing but with their low first year budget will probably survive.
So RJ Hunter is my pick. He’s been very ordinary

Reply #880626 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Yeah, I'd say RJ Hunter.

Reply #880627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Breakers will keep Siva hanging around as a mentor so another club can't pick him up and if Martin gets injured they’ll use Siva. A few other clubs would also likely pick up Siva.

Reply #880630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dusty Hannahs should be sent home, but I think Adelaide are content to be around the bottom of the table.

Reply #880631 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Adelaide should scrap the entire team and start again.

Reply #880632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Give Adelaide a couple of weeks when season is stuffed, then they'll make a change. They already have a pro forma.

We'd like to thank ******** for his time at the 36ers and his tireless efforts and professionalism. However we as a club has made the hard decision he isn't the best fit for the team as we go forward and contend for playoffs. We wish ******** good luck in his future endeavours and appreciate his time at the club.

Then hint at a former NBA player, bring him in, say he's the missing piece then hopelessly put him in a position to fail.

Then at end of the season blame the play of the imports. Classic Sixers.

Reply #880633 | Report this post

Geth  
Years ago

(Power) Ranking of imports, from my vantage:

Law
McCall
Cotton
Franks
Harvey
Munford
Cleveland
Martin
Besson
Patterson
Agada
Rathan-Mayes
Magette
Jaylen Adams*
Hannahs
Frazier
Withers
Zimmerman
Josh Adams
Siva*
Hunter*
McKintosh

Machado*
Moss*
Thomas

Reply #880637 | Report this post

Geth  
Years ago

# edited for omitting couple of NZB imports

(Power) Ranking of imports, from my vantage:

Law
McCall
Cotton
Franks
Harvey
Munford
Cleveland
Jarrell Martin
Besson
Jeremiah Martin
Patterson
Agada
Rathan-Mayes
Magette
Jaylen Adams*
Hannahs
Frazier
Withers
Zimmerman
Josh Adams
Siva*
Hunter*
McKintosh

Machado*
Moss*
Thomas
Randle

Reply #880638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hunter? Brilliant logic. He's injured ya stiffs.

Reply #880639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Russian probably won't play a game and won't get the sack. Go figure. MacIntosh is a serious bust.

Reply #880646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hannah's stay for season
Macintosh my pick to get chop

Good crop of imports this season

Reply #880649 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Jackjumpers really need a John Mooney type that can crash the boards, hit the 3 at a high clip and provide leadership so if they could get someone like him to fit the mold then good bye MiKyle McIntosh. They also need toughness so maybe a Brian Conklin type would be good as Will Magnay is playing bruise free basketball right now.

RJ Hunter is safe as he is a coaches pet clearly but fear not Kings fans as Angus Glover, Wani and a healthy Dejan will get th job done for you more than RJ will

I'm not sold on Frazier at all and how he fits when Blanchfield and Norton are healthy and we all know that Law and Cotton won't get the chop first so if there is someone else that fits better than Frazier then he may be on borrowed time.

Ultimately Jackjumpers will sack an import first

Reply #880656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Today will be telling for the JJs. McIntosh is a step below the requirements of a modern import in the NBL and it doesn't help that Magnay is a soft shadow of his former self. They need those two to step up or Delany and Wetzell will abuse them. A key for the JJs will be if Magnay and McIntosh can take it back to them, but I don’t think McIntosh has the skills (or size to play his game) and Magnay isn’t in the right head space.

Reply #880661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dan Shamir

Reply #880696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree Shamir and mody need to pack their bags

Reply #880719 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Two years ago

So far the names to get sacked or leave

RJ Hunter (Kings)
Devin Thomas (SE Melbourne)
Jeremiah Martin (Breakers)

I'm hearing Isiah Moss is on the hot seat, Brisbane looking into bringing a PG with Sobey out (No timetable on return) & someone familiar with the league and familiar with Coach Duncan

Hawks might need to take a look at XRM if he’s the right import for the team, great player though bad fit

Perth might have to change Frazier with a Center

Kings & Breakers trio now locked in

36ers need something the roster isn’t working right now,

Taipans not making any chances unless it’s a injury replacement for Machado (Isn’t looking too healthy)

JackJumpers not making any changes, believe they can find someone better than McIntosh ... highly unlikely they release him though

Melbourne good with 1 import

SE Melbourne good with Ashley/Munford but need consistency from others when Mitch isn’t playing unstoppable (Usually playing great anyways haha)

Reply #885651 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:03 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754