Knowall
Two years ago

Operation flagrant foul

Interesting watch, immediately started thinking about games over the years that I've been involved with or watched.
Seems I’m not the only person that thinks there are different rules for stars and some coaches. Good and bad.
Have some of the games outcomes been produced to keep fans engaged.
Would like to think that it’s just my bias view and that refs aren’t influencing games. But....
Good watch Untold: Operation Flagrant Foul on Netflix

Topic #50404 | Report this topic

Hanging Round  
Two years ago

It was very interesting to watch.
Makes you wonder how many others may have been involved?.
And just how high up the 'chain' it went.

Even in district and social basketball there were refs who could make it difficult for a player.
A couple of crap calls to cause frustration, then follow up quickly with a Tech Foul.

Reply #898397 | Report this post

William 23  
Two years ago

Just remeber NO REF NO PLAY - ;o)

They always call it straight down the line

Reply #898403 | Report this post

Kanga  
Two years ago

Provides a good lesson for kids (and some coaches who haven't yet learned!). Refs are human. If they don’t like you, they may consciously or unconsciously make a decision against you or it may just make it easier for them to make a call against you. Be nice to the refs, and it over time it will pay off! It’s just simple human nature.

Reply #898532 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:40 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754