Stevy
Two years ago

NBL x PBA Partnership

Officials of the Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) met with their NBL counterparts Wednesday and talked about possible partnership between the two pro leagues.

PBA commissioner Willie Marcial, Deputy Commissioner Castro, NBL commissioner Jeremy Loeliger and NBL general manager government relations Tristan Russell attended the meeting via zoom.

The PBA commissioner also mentioned the NBL bringing either a team or an All-Star selection to play an exhibition game in the country and vice versa.

Topic #50607 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Two years ago

I like it, seems a great idea to me, anything to promote basketball.

Reply #904388 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

Great idea but wish they could do the select team midseason so both leagues could display their best players rather than the China vs NBL select team of random players.

Reply #904389 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

Mhm Aussies would be safer in Iran than playing bball in the Philippines.

Reply #904390 | Report this post

McBlurter  
Two years ago

"Aussies would be safer in Iran than playing bball in the Philippines"

Not if they start ripping up decals

Reply #904393 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Two years ago

Major Sponsor: Fantastic Furniture

Reply #904397 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

That's just the kick the NBL needs.

Reply #904399 | Report this post

JCK98  
Two years ago

Can't wait to play preseason games against the Phoenix Super LPG Fuel Masters and the Rain or Shine Elasto Painters.

Reply #904404 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

San Miguel Beermen ftw.

Reply #904409 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

I do think we need to start planning towards a Euroleague style competition in Asia.

I think it's tough in that there’s now that super league which kind of is that already, albeit based out of Philippines instead of being played through different countries.

I also think the international window for qualifiers and Asia cup etc needs to be more confined and just play the games at some sort of host venue like a World Cup is. It also helps to avoid the ridiculous security issues we are having with Iran. If you demand all Asian nations go there and some baulk it because there’s civil unrest and a revolution going on, that should tell you it’s not the right spot to have basketball.

Reply #904416 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:28 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754