Illawarra Hawks plan to release George King

Topic #50609 | Report this topic

SixersFan  
Two years ago

Unlikely but a swap for Randle perhaps

Reply #904425 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Illawarra I'm sure would happily give the ball to Randle and let him try and shoot them towards wins.

Never really got a good feel for what King could do. I don't think he was bad, just not the impact player the Hawks need.

Reply #904430 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

If they can get a high-level 3-4 they'll be much more competitive, but do they have the budget to do that?

Reply #904433 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

King wasn't really that good at either end, I’m surprised it took this long.

Reply #904436 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

When did Randall become Randle?

Reply #904439 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Some people even think they're both related. A few weeks ago I had a relative ask me how I thought Jerome's brother was going with the 36ers, I had to point out their last names are spelled differently therefore not related. A bit like a poster on here going up to Cleveland in the shops and asking him if he was Randall, I bet he and Franks get that stuff when out and about all the time.

On topic I thought King looked alright in the pre-season but like a number of imports in the past come right back to the pack once the real stuff starts and teams have been able to get a better look at them. He hasn't been offering the Hawks much and if the Robinson injury didn't happen I dare say they would've cut him some time ago.

I said in one of the other Randall threads at the time that the Hawks should sign him. Their season is over anyway, their crowds are abysmal so they might as well get him get some more people in through the doors and as a bonus if he gets hot in a few games he might jag them a few wins.

Reply #904445 | Report this post

Johnson14  
Two years ago

A Illawarra Mercury reports that George King may have played his last game for the club as he had scans on Thursday on a unspecified injury.

Reply #904629 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:32 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754