Ben
Two years ago

Phoenix @ Sixers - Sat 24th Dec

Tips 5:30pm VIC/NSW.

Is Clark a confirmed in/out?

Also of interest, does CJ continue with starting Sotto? DJ to the bench has been a long time coming tbh.

Big game for Adelaide. Phoenix expected to lose with many players out, and the Sixers need a W to stave off a ladder run from United.

Topic #50714 | Report this topic

Q Anon  
Two years ago

Williams out for SEM

Reply #907288 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

Clark is meant to be in for limited time

Reply #907290 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Creek has had a wonderful few games but no matter how he plays tonight, it's not going to win it for SEM. Williams, Brown. Broekhoff out, that’s three starters, no coming back from those outs.
Adelaide, hopefully start Sotto again, he’s been good. Sixers should be able to get comfortable lead and ease Clark in. Sixers by 15 plus as long as they remember there is no I in team.

Reply #907291 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

Adelaide at home always a dodgy proposition though

Reply #907292 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Two years ago

SEM tonight
Adnam/Foxwell
Kell
Madut/Te Rangi
Creek/Anticevich
Pineau/Smith-Milner

Adnam and Kell going to have to step up next to Creek

Reply #907297 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

Foxwell is unstoppable

Reply #907300 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Two years ago

Must win for the sixers

Reply #907302 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

I'm not certain if Adelaide know they have to play some sort of D to win this game. Letting in 32 points against an nbl1 team plus a few .

Reply #907309 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Sixers by two at half
Coach Mitchell has been smart to slow Sixers down
Pineau is a very good bench player, certainly better than 3rd
Johnson off the bench is working nicely
Franks isn't that good
Sixers should go on from here but boy the make it the hard way
Dech got be better guarding Adnam
Sixers got use Sotto better under the basket.

Reply #907310 | Report this post

Jacket  
Two years ago

36ers are not winning anything this season, not with that horrific defense.

Dont get your hopes up 6ers fans.

Reply #907311 | Report this post

Jacket  
Two years ago

36ers have had so much LUCK this season, playing some teams severely undermanned teams and getting out of jail against the Taipans.

They ain't winning anything with that garbage defense

Reply #907312 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Te Stinky still having a roster spot is baffling.

Reply #907313 | Report this post

Footloose  
Two years ago

Hell of an effort from SEM, missing 4 of their main 6, 4th game in 9 days, dbl OT in Gippsland, then to Brisbane, then to Adelaide. Very impressive by them, ADL not so much

Reply #907314 | Report this post

Jacket  
Two years ago

36ers would have been FLOGGED if SEM had there full team.
The 36ers are the biggest fools gold team in the NBL.
Dont get your hopes up 36ers fans

Reply #907315 | Report this post

Jacket  
Two years ago

LOL giving up 88 points to a team missing 3 of its starters and beating your chest out like a clown.
Cannot wait until this team plays against a full strength team sand gets is a$$ kicked.
Biggest fools gold team in the NBL
Frauds

Reply #907316 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Merry Christmas Adelaide.

Reply #907317 | Report this post

Franks player of the game....WTF

Reply #907319 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

No Drmic, no Clark and Qi isn't returning so I’d be relaxing on the idea that Adelaide should have decimated SEM

Reply #907320 | Report this post

Jacket  
Two years ago

Drimic lol

Reply #907321 | Report this post

Footloose  
Two years ago

Santa said Qi is qualified & may return

Reply #907322 | Report this post

cavolo  
Two years ago

Merry Christmas Jacket :)

Reply #907323 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Adelaide did enough to win, certainly not a confidence booster
SEM playing with great heart
The alternation of the draw made it very difficult for SEM and got the team more injuries last game which carried over today
Mitchell has detractors but is doing a very good job
Game mvp, yes got 20 points but defensively is not much
Mccaron was angry and played solid
Things change quickly and Clarke will be an excellent fit, he'll have to be near perfect for Sixers to win it.

Reply #907324 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

"Qi isn't returning"

Says who?

Reply #907327 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Two years ago

Yeah not great but at least it was a win, sometimes you just need to get the W. We will only go as far as our D takes us, so that is a little worrying. Anyway messy Christmas all.

Reply #907328 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

May be an unpopular opinion but Hooley is absolute cringe on the call. Especially when he talks about his mate Dane Pineau - according to Hooley he's better than Embiid.

Reply #907329 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Hooley started well a few seasons ago, now he's bad, actually thinks he was a better player than he was.

Reply #907330 | Report this post

Sarge  
Two years ago

Once the imports decide to share the ball more with their open teammates, like the few assists they gave to cutters inside, they will be hard to beat. Of course a bit better defense by Franks and DJ would be nice. Lets see how Clark fits.

Reply #907331 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Two years ago

Have actually found footage of Jacket

https://youtu.be/NRgNbis14pE

Reply #907332 | Report this post

Footloose  
Two years ago

Agree re Hooley, find him as annoying as Screen, both never stop talking

Reply #907333 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Agree re Hooley, means well but pretty simple commentary. I thought Franks intensity on D was pretty good last night. He's never going to be DPOY, but he was up and about last night stepping out to help and getting deflections etc.

Reply #907337 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

Hooley and Corey Williams form the worst commentary team. Williams is just a fool who says dumb things and Hooley dosent even hide his biased towards the SEM

Reply #907342 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

I felt like Franks played better on D when he was pressing. Could we see him playing 3?

I like the DJ punch off the bench and emphasis on him. It works better.

Sotto has played a relatively high IQ game and I've been impressed with what he has shown whilst starting. Good on him for playing an even tempered productive game without forcing it.

Adelaide’s interior D is still a complete wreck and I just can’t see the team able to compete with NZ, Sydney etc. at the pointy end.

Vs Brisbane and Cairns are two games Adelaide want to win to really push for 3-4 spot. Must wins if they want those spots.

Reply #907343 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

Hooley isn't biased against Adelaide.

He’s very pro Adelaide and Melbourne sides having grown up in Adelaide and played/lives in Melbourne.

Reply #907344 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Again with commentary just tell us what is happening, who the foul is on and how many the player has, fill in the pieces we don't get while watching, they talk way to much about nothing and plugging what they want. Gaze is exempted from this criticism.

Reply #907346 | Report this post

Peter  
Two years ago

Rupert Sapwell was a good commentator years ago. Then they have John Casey underutilised on the sidelines.

I'm sure there are similar characters in every state (Damien Martin in WA) that are well loved, knowledgeable, got the best out of themselves because of high basketball IQ, were team first, good locker room guys and just good blokes in general. Gaze falls in this bucket.

Surely they would be better than most of the current rabble.

All they have is Homicide self promoting all of the time and the other muppets carrying on about whatever comes into their head. Maybe they like anytype of exposure Homicide brings but surely we are past that now and can have better in game commentators

Reply #907348 | Report this post

Spinner  
Two years ago

Merry Christmas everyone!

Anyone know why Clark didn't play? I don’t see the point of having a star sitting on the pine?

Reply #907350 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Two years ago

Spinner, Clark wouldn't know the offense and defense good enough yet. Also I imagine he isn't match fit

Reply #907352 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

I have no issue with Hooley as a commentator but I agree they, including Hooley could do better informing us of core stats - foul trouble, key scoring numbers etc.

It even took a while to let us know why Drmic was out unless I wasn't attentive enough.

I thought Qi wasn’t looking like returning but sounds like I’m wrong to be under that impression.

Either way, yes SEM are strong and yes Adelaide should have won by more but realistically teams in the NBL are resilient and Drmic is no small out for 36ers and with Clarke to add here’s hoping Adelaide keeps improving because they have the talent (except interior D), they just need to keep working themselves out.

I really liked this DJ punch off the bench stuff and if he’s ok with it and still goes on to get 15-20, that’s a real positive step in my mind.

Reply #907356 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

The win against JJs filled me with hope but this game sent those hopes crashing. I am not sure on what planet Owen Foxwell and Kyle Adnam should be flaming a full strength NBL team.

Reply #907434 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:26 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754