Ben
Two years ago

Blanks @ Sixers - Thurs 29th Dec

Tips 6:30pm VIC/NSW.

Game of interest, being Ian Clark's Sixer debut.

Adelaide by 10.

Topic #50729 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Drmic's returning from injury too and being in Adelaide would suggest Sixers comfortably but wouldn't be surprised if it ends up a close one.

Our last game against SEM was at home and they were missing 2 imports and Broekhoff and we still only won by 6 points admittedly without Clark & Drmic.

Reply #907673 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

NBL website says 7.30pm AEDT start?

Reply #907674 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

7pm local tip, 7.30 VIC/NSW

Reply #907675 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

"Blanks" - haha, love it Ben.

Not so much your grasp of timezones, though.

Reply #907676 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

One under-performer v another, though Adelaide his lifted it's game. Can Brisbane play D two games in a row, probably a good question for Sixers as well. Sobey was much better last start, Baynes as well, coach has installed a bit comradery and gone back to JD defensive strategies. Adelaide should be favourites, will Johnson and Sotto hold up against Baynes and Gak, probably so Sixers should have the advantage elsewhere. Sixers by 12 over a tiring bullets.

Reply #907677 | Report this post

Kings  
Two years ago

"Blanks" haha. Post of the year!

Reply #907678 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

I think Blanks will win this game tonight.

Reply #907680 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

Adelaide need to start playing well at home for the fans if there's "only 200 tickets left".

Also, if 36ers want to finish 3/4 really they have to get themselves to 12-8 to at least make them competitive against SEM and Perth

Reply #907681 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

I can't stand the design of the AEC. There’s barely any level 1 seating for a stadium that’s suppose to be bigger than JCA. Poorly design when all the seats are up the top. What’s with the empty seats you see on tv. It’s a joke they can’t fill those’s empty seats.

Reply #907683 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Two years ago

"I can't stand the design of the AEC."

It is a lot better than JCA. I still don't rate either though

"What's with the empty seats you see on tv. It’s a joke they can’t fill those’s empty seats."

huh? You had less then 3000 to a game this season. Your numbers are about the same on average yet you have what 3 times the population.

Reply #907685 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

That's Phoenix mate, United have 5,000 or more. Still don’t get why there’s two Victorian nbl teams when the nbl isn’t that big in Australia with AFL.

I mean the red seats, are they corporate boxes they are behind the level 1 seating. John Cain has a better design. I’ve been to both stadiums and AEC has too many restricted views plus it’s dear compared to Melbourne prices. What’s better is parking since Melbourne has paid parking unfortunately with its population.

Reply #907686 | Report this post

Jatz  
Two years ago

The "experts" bookies have the Sixers 6.5 faves pre game. Sixers should win here at home however how much leniency do the refs give Sobey falling all over the place tonight? Do the refs actually watch games as part of getting ready for what players do on court? It seem the answer is no. Anyway they won the other night due to some shocking free throw shooting from the Cats. They won't be so lucky tonight.

Reply #907690 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Whoops my bad, 7:30 VIC/NSW. No daylight saving for QLD is poo.

Reply #907691 | Report this post

Yup  
Two years ago

Gak to have a decent game...

Reply #907693 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

"Sold out" it'll be interesting what that encompasses - a smaller stadium or 9/10k crowd?

Reply #907696 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

I thought AEC could hold 12,000 for basketball.

Reply #907697 | Report this post

Jatz  
Two years ago

Defense optional apparently tonight by the Sixers

Reply #907700 | Report this post

Jatz  
Two years ago

In this league you drive to the hoop you win. Every game. Simple as that. Rarely a charge given but constant blocking fouls. Is it first to 100 wins?

Reply #907701 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Does anyone in Adelaide understand that you have to box out, Johnson and Drimic are watchers. Also play some defence Sixers.

Reply #907702 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Listening to Creek is akin to having a tooth pulled.

Reply #907703 | Report this post

JCK98  
Two years ago

"I thought AEC could hold 12,000 for basketball."

36ers config is 10,000. Big Shed deck takes up a bit of room though.

Reply #907704 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

That's true I’ve notice that in the nbl. If teams drive the ball well and get fouls to the free throw line win.

It’s so rare for refs to call the charge even if the player has legal position. Got Sixers winning this if they can fix their boxing out issues.

Reply #907705 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Yes Creek talking up Drimic, obviously his mate as his performance has been only ok, surely they can't be that short of quality commentary. Neutral ones would be nice as well.

Reply #907706 | Report this post

Jatz  
Two years ago

Sixers clueless against Bullets D while showing zero D themselves

Reply #907707 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Season on the line for Sixers this quarter. Brisbane been very reasonable with out being great, Sobey and Baynes both getting better as season goes.

Reply #907708 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

Bullets will be unlucky to lose this. So many soft fouls on the Bullets big.

Reply #907709 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Turning into excellent game.

Reply #907710 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

9,200 crowd

Adelaide still horrific with interior D

Reply #907711 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Sobey two turnovers on consecutive touches. So bad when it comes to decision making in the clutch.

Reply #907712 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Sobey oh dear.

Reply #907713 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

Sobey has done more for the Sixers as a Bullet than a Sixer.

Reply #907714 | Report this post

bang  
Two years ago

Sobey throwing it away

Reply #907715 | Report this post

Jatz  
Two years ago

@Dunkman. Agree on Sobey but Baynes is still nowhere near where he should be. He may have improved but he was at a really low starting point.
Good game in the end. Sobey lost his way

Reply #907716 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

6 seconds to completely get the yips

Reply #907717 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Sobey has lots talent but he he thinks he's bigger than the team, you can tell by the number of GF he’s won, zero. Brisbane actually starting to play well, it’s all to late though.

Reply #907718 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

And there we go

Reply #907719 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

Advancing the ball just makes it harder to find space to pass it in.

Such a silly thing to do

Reply #907720 | Report this post

Kings  
Two years ago

Baynes is cooked.

Reply #907721 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Brisbane going to be annoying for teams trying to make finals on way home. Baynes starting to show lots more as well.
Adelaide if they can find a consistent level of D better than today should have a nice finish to season, can't see a championship though. CJ coaching very well, still defensively weak at the five though Sotto has helped.
Very enjoyable game and overall the refs were reasonable.

Reply #907723 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

Geez Cleveland get practicing those free throws and Franks stop forcing it up, because otherwise those two are absolutely brilliant.

They need to make a more concerted effort to get DJ the ball so he doesn't do anything silly.

MM probably unlikely to play in another must-win game in Cairns given they’d have to fly out tomorrow?

Galloway and Harris with a bit of Sotto is going to be an insufficient interior D against stronger sides I think...

I wonder what the percentage of runners and shot fake dribble shot are for Adelaide? They should try to stay away from those…particularly the running shot - terrible terrible.

Dech was HUGE tonight, absolutely loved his play

Reply #907726 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Dech key to Sixers imo. Certainly defensively, back to really good form.

Reply #907728 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Two years ago

Franks actually dishing to DJ would be good. Couple times had DJ wide open as Franks forced up his shot. The last time Franks ended up getting bailed out with a foul and sent to the line against multiple defenders as he drove to basket, had DJ open on his own on the other block. Not good basketball and DJ was livid, letting Franks know which wasn't a good look either. But when Franks is unable to look, find or see open players in really good spots he needs to be told.
In saying that DJ needs to adapt to being 7th, 8th, 9th man now as his legs ain't getting any faster, Galloway needs to be given mins so he can improve his game.

Reply #907737 | Report this post

Ski 61  
Two years ago

Awesome night at the game. I've been to over 10 games the past two seasons and that was by far the best experience. The atmosphere was honestly electric. Makes such a difference. The crowd was going off.

On the court, Clarke was a little rusty as you'd expect. I liked the even point spread offensively, but yeah the interior D is still quite pathetic.

Reply #907738 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

I can't wait for the Sixers/United game in Adelaide. We got a couple of United members heading to Adelaide for that game.

Hope our team will be in contention by then lol so it’s a more meaningful game.

Reply #907739 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Two years ago

Sobeys head snaps back more than a Pez dispenser. Refs looking to get some candy rewarding it with foul calls.
Loved his tip in off the free throw to help the Sixers out.

Reply #907742 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Two years ago

Anyone know what the go with Sotto is? Injured? Was on court in 2nd qtr but didn't look right. Wasn't engaging defensively or offensively, was getting pushed around and dropping his head, couldn't get up and down the court. Didn't compete for rebounds at all on offensive end and would start heading back as soon as shot went up. His head was down. CJ took him off and he sat at the end of bench for rest of the game. Wasn't interacting or cheering with energy with rest of team from the bench. I get the feeling he has done something to his foot.

Reply #907744 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

I don't know if anything was wrong with Sotto but he got burned inside a few times in great scoring positions, team just doesn’t seem to want to pass him the ball.

Reply #907747 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Brisbane press conference all about poor sobes, how refs call different fouls on them but opponents get away with it. Cadee makes a point where refereeing has changed in the last season and half compared to all his previous seasons. He might have a point there. Vandy said he approached Pero C to help out and he's been great. Other than crying on Sobey behalf he talks well.

Reply #907748 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

Refs probably let Adelaide be a little bit more physical in the interior than Brisbane, although Franks did get called for a charge that should have been a block.

Sobey lost the plot when he was in the wrong, that's never ideal.

I also noticed DJ got burned on offence by Franks a few times and that frustrated me a lot as they were forced up shots that were simply low percentage.

But then you see Franks dishing to the cutters and making good plays as well and it’s hard to tell where his mind is at half the time tbh.

Kind of sums up the 36ers doesn’t it? Inconsistent with flashes of brilliance and flashes of confusingly bad play. Doesn’t feel like they click quite yet.

Reply #907749 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Adelaide overall are a low IQ team, that's one of the reasons they're so frustrating for their supporters. When things are flowing they're a fantastic team, but when opponents make them problem solve on the run it's like pulling teeth at times. Clark is a smart player, so hopefully will help.

Reply #907758 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

Agreed 200%

Reply #907759 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Clarke yesterday in his short time on was already trying to get players in position, he jacked a couple when everyone stood and looked. They really need a vocal leader on the floor.

Reply #907761 | Report this post

Sarge  
Two years ago

"I don't know if anything was wrong with Sotto but he got burned inside a few times in great scoring positions, team just doesn't seem to want to pass him the ball."

Yes looked like it. Any idea why?

Reply #907763 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Some players not smart enough maybe, passing lanes close very quickly, you can't wait, if you second guess it’s gone.

Reply #907766 | Report this post

Sarge  
Two years ago

I guess it's the coach’s job to teach them.

Reply #907769 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

You got the ball in the right players hands, some never learn.

Reply #907770 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:43 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754