GordonG
Last year

Phoenix v Wildcats 22/01

Can't see this ending well for Phoenix. JR willing to bench players who are not performing seems to be working.

Topic #50808 | Report this topic

Master Chief  
Last year

Cats paying over $2. I think they'll get this though.

Reply #909878 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Norton was a game day decision. Cats just confirmed that he will not suit up.

I'm not in a mean mood right now so I'll make no comment on how that changes our odds of winning.

Reply #909879 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Both sides got lot to play for, cats been fantastic of late, SEM no so great but got injured guys back. Good match up on paper, can Manek keep Creek in reasonable check, Travers might be the answer.
Down to the wire game, won't tip so don’t put mocker on them. May the best team win and refs don’t decide the game.

Reply #909882 | Report this post

Gus3232  
Last year

Any danger of the shot clock being on the screen? Maybe they are making heritage round more authentic?

Reply #909884 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Please keep fouling Cotton on jumpshot attempts. He is ice cold from the field so bailing him out needlessly is much appreciated.

Reply #909885 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Cracking start. Cats hanging tough.

Reply #909887 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Last year

Phoenix in trouble when they go to their bench. Coach needs to watch his rotations, needs three starters on at all times and bench players must play their roll. This looks like it could be a good game, as refs letting game flow, until
You breath on Cotton.

Reply #909888 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Putrid stuff from the Cats so far.

Reply #909889 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Cats switched off when got to two point difference. Cooking happening as well

Reply #909890 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

Cotton with arms and legs flailing everywhere at the slightest touch, and gets rewarded.

No wonder players get frustrated with the refereeing inconsistency and acting ability being rewarded.

Reply #909891 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

LOL, fouling a jump shooter is about the dumbest thing you can do as a defender. I've got no sympathy for someone who makes contact no matter how slight. It's an easy whistle every time.

Reply #909892 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

Perth badly out rebounded, broekhoff and the Phoenix are on fire and yet it's only 6 point game.

Reply #909893 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Nice margin considering we probably don't deserve to be within 15

Reply #909894 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Travers been great, cracking game, SEM got shorten rotations, their bench is weak.

Reply #909896 | Report this post

Drexler  
Last year

Blows my mind that so many of RBs 3's were more or less uncontested why does it take so many for coach or players to even consider changing how he is defended.

Same deal other end cats shoot a 3 and closest offensive rebounder is between free throw and 3 point line over and over again.

Reply #909897 | Report this post

Jatz  
Last year

Cats getting killed on offensive boards & it's still close. 69-64.
Are the Wildcats that small?

Reply #909899 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Can't blame size. I think it's partly because we get beaten one-on-one so easily that we're usually forced into rotation mode, and that leaves us exposed to O boards if the shot misses. And teams know this so they make a point of going after them.

Reply #909900 | Report this post

Jatz  
Last year

Manek a defensive turnstile

Reply #909901 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

Feels like a fair bit of schedule loss about this, travel cross country after a game friday night to tip off 11am perth time Sunday... absolutely monstered on the boards, look like they are just getting manhandled.. fatigue with the tight turnaround and short rotation maybe...

Reply #909902 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

There is a definite laziness and lack of any 'attack' in our D that fatigue would have contributed to - though there was no excuse early in the game.
Lazy options offensively too.

Hope Tai is ok.

Reply #909903 | Report this post

GordonG  
Last year

Can't see this ending well for Phoenix.

Ignore me when I say things like that :)

Reply #909904 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Perth exhausted, SEM to good, really enjoyable game.

Reply #909905 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Last year

I was wrong again lol

Reply #909908 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Feels like a fair bit of schedule loss about this, travel cross country after a game friday night to tip off 11am perth time Sunday

I think so - the league needs to do a better job with the fixturing to account for the longer travel time for PER and NZB.

Reply #909916 | Report this post

Ballman  
Last year

The travel schedule handed this one to SEM. Flying from Perth is not like Melbourne to Sydney , its 3-4 hours plus 2-3 more of transit. Cats should not be playing on a Friday and then travelling for a Sunday game - might as well just hand the win to the home team.

You can see Sydney looking a bit cooked in todays game, same issue.

Listening to the Press conference, the cats flight was delayed and they only go to the hotel this morning before the game. Enough said.

NBL needs to realise we are not the NBA where no one plays defence, teams need enough turn around time.

Reply #909920 | Report this post

Footloose  
Last year

It's been happening all season. R5 I think it was, Phoenix played in Perth on the Friday night & then at home on the Sunday. Arguably worse because you’re travelling to & from Perth not just from. The NBL schedule sucks

Reply #909929 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

Especially with the potential for delays and cancellations. NBA teams fly private jets....

Reply #909941 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

What's the alternative? Perth and NZ only play one game per weekend?

Reply #909944 | Report this post

Ballman  
Last year

Solution is to ensure there is two full days between games. So you play Friday , no game till Monday at the earliest. Both Sydney and Perth paid the price of the poor scheduling so its not just Perth impacted here.

Reply #909945 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

Now you've upset all the people who refuse to attend mid-week games.

Reply #909946 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

Don't complain about a schedule loss when your starters play 30+ minutes and you use 8 players

Reply #909947 | Report this post

Bill on the ball  
Last year

Cats has a big problem- they don't want to focus on their opposition thinking all they need to do is their own thing and everything will work out.

To allow Broekoff so much space proved my point. Cats paid dearly. I think umpires are a bit bias too - Creek got away with a lot of the rough stuff - too many free throws for him. There are not enough plays made for cotton- coach has to be blamed, Rillie not as attentive to this compared to Gleeson.

Reply #909950 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Every team has tough scheduling throughout the year. The packed crowds all over the place during the holiday season suggest they've got it spot on this year by holding a lot games in the December-January period.

Reply #909953 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

Perth defensively were in shambles all game. The rebounding was almost farcical. Thomas and Manek were getting slaughtered on the boards. Maybe they were tired but this has been an issue all year.

Reply #909955 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

^^^^ exactly Jimmyhooper15.

Reply #909961 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

All year, let's ignore their run of form lately...

Reply #909979 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

I'm pretty sure Rillie has accepted he hasn’t got the defensive horses to play that style hence the scoring barrage...

I believe they were first in offense and last in defence for a stretch there?

The new style is "if you wanna beat us you gonna need to score 110 points"

It might not work every time but I don’t think it’s a ridiculous thought to think it might get this group to a grand final???

Other thought? Can you imagine Perth v Cairns in a playoff series???

Reply #909995 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Perth got tough run home, GF long way down the street yet.

Reply #909996 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:25 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754