GordonG
Last year

Kings v Breakers 22/01

Absolutely anything could happen here. No predictions :)

Topic #50809 | Report this topic

Luuuc  
Last year

Kings coming off an unexpected loss is not a team I'd want to be facing today.

Reply #909907 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

It's such a shame Cairns lost on Friday.

Reply #909915 | Report this post

Jatz  
Last year

Kings stinking it up at home. Cooks with 5 doing f*** all.

Reply #909918 | Report this post

Jatz  
Last year

27-15 in the 3rd to Kings. Nice rally. Down 70-68 at 3/4 time.

Reply #909919 | Report this post

Scout  
Last year

Flop absolute flop from Visalavic

Reply #909923 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Top quality win, NZ.

Reply #909924 | Report this post

Jatz  
Last year

Breakers deserve it. A good game. Kings miss heaps of free throws & Cooks MIA.
For those who think he's NBA level guess again.
Very good in this league but not in the States

Reply #909925 | Report this post

Mystro  
Last year

Pretty stoked with that result with B.Brown & Leafa out.
Showed some resolve when Sydney came storming back.

Reply #909926 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Loved that banked three front on from Brantley at the end to give NZB the lead. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Gutsy win by them though they deserved it especially without their top scorer.

Reply #909927 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Last year

Abercrombie woeful again.

Zero points in 23 minutes.

I guess with brown and leafa out, he needs to play a bit, but I was very relieved when he fouled out.

Reply #909928 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Brantley got Cooks this time, it's something most clubs are now waking up to. Box him out, foul him and go at him. Very ordinary free throw shooter and doesn’t shoot jumpers, every thing is a metre from the ring. WMW really becoming top level player.

I’ve still got Sydney but the daylight is getting smaller.

Reply #909930 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

It's different but the same. Corey Williams was MVP of the league and killing everyone. Then all of a sudden the league figured him out and he became obsolete and out of the league very quickly. Cooks is the same. He is very one dimensional. He will need to adapt and expand his game

Reply #909932 | Report this post

Homicide was much older and still made one NBL all nbl first and three second teams at least in his time here. Sure they figured him out which limited him a bit but it was age slowing him that mainly contributed to his downward trajectory.

It doesn't take a few seasons for NBL coaches to "figure out" a player. I think he won MVP in his second or third season.

Let's wait until we have a larger sample size than one down game to predict his demise. Considering the limitations he has I am amazed how much he can contribute in other ways to his team.

Reply #909937 | Report this post

Homicide was much older and still made one NBL all nbl first and three second teams at least in his time here. Sure they figured him out which limited him a bit but it was age slowing him that mainly contributed to his downward trajectory.

It doesn't take a few seasons for NBL coaches to "figure out" a player. I think he won MVP in his second or third season.

Let's wait until we have a larger sample size than one down game to predict his demise. Considering the limitations he has I am amazed how much he can contribute in other ways to his team.

Reply #909938 | Report this post

AlphabetA  
Last year

With Cooks, there was a sense of frustration so instead of keeping his cool he tried to force it. Don't think he'll make it to the big league but will remain the force in NBL.

The problem with the Kings is in their coach and the PG - not sure why so many think DWJ is a pass first PG as he keeps ignoring called sets and yesterday was no exception - again Vasiljevic was wide open yet DWJ went 1on1, same thing happened during previous games, most notably against Brisbane and Perth. Or the ball goes to Simon who thinks he is a bloody shooter (yes he made 2 3s yesterday but he'd be the last I'd pass ball to in the corner). There's a clip of Brantley's block - DWJ drives, help comes from the weak side and instead passing it to DJ who was standing in the corner, DWJ goes for a lay-up resulting in a really good highlight for Brantley. DWJ certainly has skills but he is overrated as a team player and for the Kings replacing him with WMW would be an upgrade. Also, the coach keeps criticising the stagnant play using plural - 'we' - everybody can see who handles the ball, so why not calling 'we' by the name :) The best game the Kings played this season was the second game against SEM when DWJ didn't play.

The coach is out of his depth too, not sure why some commentators think he's a COTY, I think he is a disruption and he really needs a serious professional help to deal with his temper. No encouragement, no real advice, look how Mady kept lifting his players up, the true COTY.

As for the Breakers, well played - just an example what that extra commitment can do.

Reply #909949 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Cooks just missed some he'd normally make. Breakers did a good job of making them as tough as possible, as did the Hawks, but on another night he's the difference in the ball game as he so often is.

Credit to Brantley and McDowell-White, those were two pretty special performances. Lose that and NZ were in danger of missing, but you'd think now they'll get over the line, especially if they can get Brown back soon.

Reply #909954 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:37 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754