Isaac
Last year

2023 NBA All Star Game

184-175. Doesn't really matter who won? Tatum set a scoring record with 55.

Mike Malone:

"That's the worst basketball game ever played... I don’t know if you can fix it..."

Team LeBron attempted 60 three-pointers and made 28% of them in a game with no D. For Giannis' team, three players attempted at least 17 threes each.

Topic #50929 | Report this topic

loungefly  
Last year

It's no different to the regular season now if teams are hitting 150+ in regulation games.

The league really needs to find ways to bring some level of defense back

Reply #912669 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

Fans won't pay to watch good defence, and the whole NBA business model is based on high scores and superstars, even when the games become largely superficial and predictable.

The only way things will change is if the fans stop watching because that 'fantastic’ offense, with its emphasis on dunks and iso brilliance, becomes boring. I don’t hold out much hope.

Reply #912675 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

Fans are already stopping watching, that's the problem. It's all YouTube and TikTok and Instagram highlight clips now, so that's what the league aims to create. Trying to make the full game interesting is a waste of their time.

Reply #912679 | Report this post

Esky68  
Last year

Stopped watching 6 minutes in, watched the highlights and thought I didn't miss much

Reply #912683 | Report this post

Cram  
Last year

Yeah I'm as big of an NBA fan as there is and this wasn't fun.

Reply #912687 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Last year

Worst part is our juniors are starting to play like this. Played a few younger teams in the past few years. Most love a stationary set of worthless dribble moves into a heavily contested pull up three. The one in ten they might hit is then celebrated with a too small pose or similar 'emote'.

Reply #912693 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:23 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754