Pat Bev
Last year

What happened to Topps Now NBL cards

Looks like Topps may have pulled out

Website link is dead and the NBL logo is taken off the website.

Anyone hear anything official?

Topic #51024 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Last year

I doubt it, NBL and Topps will quietly move on from this epic fail.

Reply #915360 | Report this post

DennisRodmansHair  
Last year

As a card collector the lack of newer NBL cards over the years has been disappointing so I was excited when the Topps cards were announced. But $10 bucks a card is ridiculous, think they printed 100 cards (which were all pretty uninspiring) so your looking at $1000 bucks for a collection that very few have any interest in.

Reply #915367 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Reply #915369 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Actual retail product including autos and game-worn material was meant to drop last month I believe.

Wonder what's going on.

Reply #915412 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Last year

Well it looks like the partnership is over. I was always pretty sceptical. Basketball cards may have a nostalgic appeal to some of us, but I doubt too many are spending $10 a pop on them. If they wanted to do basketball cards I think they'd be better off somehow makinghem a part of a Hungry Jacks promo.

Reply #915422 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Last year

What an absolute shocker... Should have just gone proper old school with actual packets... if they were organised enough, they could have turned them around mid-season and then followed up in the off season, maybe kept some interest alive if the mid-season release went well...

Reply #915426 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

I've still got some of the old NBL cards in boxes out in the shed and I think Topps or something with the shitty black borders in the early 90's and Futura in the early-mid 90's. The Futura ones looked pretty good actually. I've probably got close to 20,000 NBA cards from the early-mid 90's in boxes in my shed. They would be worth a fair bit now.

Maybe six months or so ago I saw a small handful of Fleer 93-94 commons, literally scrubs like Joe Wolf, selling for $80 at Cashies.

Reply #915432 | Report this post

Pat Bev  
Last year

yes the 90's junk wax days- miss that- had its hey day during covid, but all prices have dropped back down- Jordan and Shaq's mainly! would be good to see nbl packs available at kmart- topps has too may other bigger fish to fry!- they will be ramping up with NBA card again in 2 years time too.

Reply #915507 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

@Pat Bev - read that Fanatics is supposed to be rolling with an NBA product for season 23-24.

Reply #915508 | Report this post

Pat Bev  
Last year

yes the 90's junk wax days- miss that- had its hey day during covid, but all prices have dropped back down- Jordan and Shaq's mainly! would be good to see nbl packs available at kmart- topps has too may other bigger fish to fry!- they will be ramping up with NBA card again in 2 years time too.

Reply #915510 | Report this post

Pat Bev  
Last year

yeah Fanatics bought Topps and will being using that company to brand the NBA releases- hopefully they buy Upper Deck- that would be awesome.

Reply #915511 | Report this post

Pat Bev  
Last year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--iLTLWpfBc

Reply #915512 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

You can't mention the 90s and not give a shout out to SkyBox so I've done it for you.

Reply #915515 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Yes, bring back Upper deck, and the 1:10,000 possibility of hitting an MJ auto :)

Reply #915521 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Looks like the proper Topps NBL card release is on the way.

https://www.blowoutcards.com/blog/first-buzz-2022-23-topps-national-basketball-league-cards/

Topps Now likely disappeared because they cease production of on-demand cards of that ilk after a time.

Reply #915522 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

https://www.cardboardconnection.com/2022-23-topps-national-basketball-league-cards

Odds of pulling an auto are 1:304 packs. Damn it.

Be interesting to see what boxes (8 cards per pack, 20 packs per box) will be priced at.

Reply #915523 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Reply #915525 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

The Topps Now cards were ugly anyway, with the photography used featuring players' facial features at unflattering times. These are much better.

Reply #915526 | Report this post

Pat Bev  
Last year

this looks good- hope the rrp is realistic

Reply #915531 | Report this post

Reader  
Last year

Will there be Topps Chrome cards too? NBL previously said there would

Reply #915734 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:16 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754