Kings
Last year

Jack White

Sixers have signed White to a 3 year deal with NBA out clause. To be announced in coming weeks.

Topic #51052 | Report this topic

Observer  
Last year

Any link on this ,find it hard to believe this .

Reply #916014 | Report this post

DennisRodmansHair  
Last year

huge IF true. sources?

Reply #916015 | Report this post

Pat Bev  
Last year

whats the source?

Reply #916016 | Report this post

Bws1blood  
Last year

Wildcats should have been all over this.. I guess Adelaide could offer more after pinder signing

Reply #916017 | Report this post

Bertie Bixer  
Last year

Why would he come to Adelaide. Sounds like bs.

Reply #916021 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Last year

This smells like the most BS

Reply #916023 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Maybe it's the first of April in Kings world.

Reply #916024 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last year

"Why would he come to Adelaide. Sounds like bs."

Why not?

Reply #916025 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Aside from the money we've got a crap team going nowhere so we can offer him the ability to showcase himself in the hopes of getting back to the NBA. It worked out well for Giddey.

In that context I normally wouldn't be that thrilled but Jack White is a quality guy, a former captain of Duke so I doubt, if this is true of course, he would put himself before the team like for instance Sobey did.

So if this is true, welcome to Adelaide Jack bring your 9 & 7 back here to the NBL ;)

Reply #916027 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Seems unreal, but would be a dream signing if it eventuates. Exactly the type of PF you need to succeed in the NBL, and finally a defensive priority in an Adelaide frontcourt signing.

Reply #916028 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Last year

USA Today Sports Hoops Hype
Are projecting that Jack White will sign for $1,761,752
as the 11th rostered player for the Denver Nuggets
In season 2023/24

Reply #916031 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Last year

Could be bringing back DJ and throwing money at another local like White and an import PG? Don't know where Wiley fits now providing there IS truth in both these rumours..

Reply #916032 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Does OP get banned if this is BS?

Reply #916033 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Last year

Hey Kings,

April fools jokes are only on the first of April.

Cheers
Crackers.

PS, l did laugh at your post, so keep working on the comedy act.

Reply #916034 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last year

"Does OP get banned if this is BS?"

I do think he has some sort of insider knowledge so I appreciate that and think there could be truth to the rumour.

His last rumour was the following which I think was probably the right direction they were going but the Sixers just couldn't get another team to take him.

"I think you'll find the news in coming months will be McCarron and Sixers have reached terms and parted ways. DJ also won't be back...."

Reply #916036 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Jack White to the Sixers, someone's trying to yank our chain.

Listened to him on an interview with Santa (I think) not long ago. Didn't expressly say it, but seemed as though he was happy rolling through 'the process' with Denver.

Been playing well in G League and you'd think if he wanted to shift from the States, big bucks would be waiting for him in Euro or Asia.

Plus Adelaide right now isn't somewhere you'd expect someone to go if they wanted to showcase themselves with a view to spring boarding back to the NBA.

Be cool if true but. Sixers would get someone with their head straight who plays hard af on both ends.

Reply #916039 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Adelaide would be a perfect opportunity for him to showcase himself as I outlined with the Giddey example.

On the validity of the rumour I kind of believe it, Jack White isn't exactly a sexy name if you're going to make something up a Landale or even a Delly perhaps Exum would be juicier plus the 3 year deal with NBA opt out clauses each year also sounds legit in that's what it would take to get him to Adelaide.

Reply #916041 | Report this post

Shotblocker  
Last year

Well if true they will at least be better than last year Lol

Reply #916057 | Report this post

Hooper  
Last year

Simply not true. Why bother making this up

Reply #916066 | Report this post

Kings  
Last year

Regardless of what you all think, I know the contract has been put to White and word is from his agent he plans to accept it. Unless he is offered a deal from the Nuggets AFTER their playoff run or a monumental deal from China or Europe he will be a Sixer.

Sixers have a clean slate 2024-25 season and with McCarrons huge contract expiring they can afford him. This season will be a budget one for them for sure.

Reply #916080 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last year

If True 36ers looking like

McCarron/ Cadee
Cleveland / Dech
Marshall/ Starling
White/ Galloway
DJ/ Wiley

With an Import spot up their sleeve.

could be great , could be shit

Almost everything hinges on what version of McCarron turns up. The bench, on paper, would be one of the best in the league.

Reply #916083 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Budget roster even with Jack White? AC and McCarron are both on big money as White would likely need to be too and that's before even getting to DJ who has always been highly paid and now with leverage over the Sixers.

Reply #916084 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Q Anon,

Not sure I would have Marshall starting that's a big ask going from a DP to starting, DJ's got no business starting anymore and no way would Wiley be adequate as a back up centre. He's only 6'8" a weak rebounder and poor defender.

Reply #916086 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last year

I wouldnt say that is a budget line up by any stretch.

If I'm correct the NBL was paying Sotto as a Next Star. White for Franks would be an upgrade at the same money. Starling would be cheap. Cadee in lieu of an import PG is a saving.

As Wiley played here before, I'd guess he wouldn't be on huge money as Joey Wright was notorious for being frugal. Wiley may be looking to put down some roots after bouncing around so much and he did enjoy being here last time.

The roster last year costing over $2,900,000 is obscene. This roster should defiantly be cheaper. It will be hard to be worse.

The door is ajar to throw rockstar money at say Dwight Howard if the owner really wanted to make a statement.

Reply #916088 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last year

@Zodiac Marshall started games last year. I'd expect him to start.

Reply #916090 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

A bit different starting a couple of games due to injuries and unavailable players than being a permanent starter.

Reply #916092 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last year

He started over Dech who wasn't injured

Reply #916093 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Probably because we were playing Dech out of position as the back up PG last season.

Marshall as a DP only played 15 games last season, just two of which he started I just think that's too big an impost to expect him to hold down a starting spot in his first year on the roster.

Reply #916094 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Out clause for Europe and Asia, lot more money there unless he becomes an absolute high marquee, 500k might do it.

Reply #916098 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Regardless of what you all think, I know the contract has been put to White and word is from his agent he plans to accept it. Unless he is offered a deal from the Nuggets AFTER their playoff run or a monumental deal from China or Europe he will be a Sixer.

Thanks for elaborating and for the secret sauce. Keep it coming!

Reply #916101 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Last year

Face it jack white ain't coming to adelaide

Reply #916111 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Yeah we know, Sixers are a backup option for White in a worst case scenario.

Reply #916126 | Report this post

Cat 39  
Last year

HAHAH not happening. How can anyone believe this? Denver love him and if he was to come back to the NBL it will be for Melbourne United. Delusional Adelaide nuffies.

Reply #916155 | Report this post

Bws1blood  
Last year

Dont believe this is as far fetched as others

United would be close to maxing out there budget, I after recent signings

Plus still need imports as well

Id imagine perth has cap, I but maybe he wants to be closer to melb

I hope for cjs sake he takes the dzal

Reply #916204 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:01 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754