No.

Reply #916932 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

This is silly.

Reply #916933 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

How so, KET? The organisation needs a scapegoat in order to keep fans happy and deflect criticism.

I'd always thought he was a good coach, but I didn’t watch the games to know why they lost.

Reply #916934 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

So they're champions, top 3 - losing 7 game series and then top of the east in 3 years and they go "seems like we need a new coach?"

If that’s in anyway logical, Popovic should have been fired by the Spurs in 2011.

Reply #916935 | Report this post

S1L3NC3R83  
Last year

So Bud return to the Spurs like Brett Brown did?

He was Pop's heir apparent before he secured the head coaching jobs.

Seriously though teams will be falling over themselves to get a coach with a 70% win record.

Reply #916936 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Sure he's got past performance under his belt but Budenholzer has looked exhausted now for at least a couple of seasons, there is something not right - hopefully just a reset is required for his sake.

Reply #916938 | Report this post

Cram  
Last year

Yeah i expect he'll take some time off, especially having lost his brother during the series (!!)

He's generally a good coach, but doesn't appear to be good at in game adjustments. So when things are going well, they look the best in the world, but we've seen that things can go wrong quickly.

I expect Nick Nurse will be top of the list for the Bucks. I think he'd be a good option. Likes to use a short rotation which suits the Bucks who have a great top 4. He's much better at in game adjustments and playing funky line ups etc, and may be able to help them get some of these bigger chokes out of their system.

Reply #916940 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Last year

Good bye Bud and hello Nurse...

I'm not a Bucks fan so dont watch too many games, but a friend of mine is and has been since Bogut got drafted, he is happy with the move. From his side he said Bud whilst a good coach can sometimes be too slow reacting to things happening within games.

Wonder where he will end up?

Reply #916943 | Report this post

Chewie  
Last year

His brother died in a car crash hours before game 4. I can't believe he held it together enough to coach.
Coaching is a ruthless gig but this was pretty cold blooded.

Reply #916944 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:45 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754