AngusH
Last year

Jonah Bolden signs with Sydney

Surprising - low risk/high reward type move IMO. Members email came out a few mins ago.

Topic #51166 | Report this topic

Weedy Slug  
Last year

Crypto not doing so good?

Reply #918776 | Report this post

Pat Bev  
Last year

prob needs a cash business- Crypto is down, but he is set for the next bull run, so needs cash for now! but good pick up- just needs his tude in check! at least he is close to dadda!

Reply #918777 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last year

Looks like Simon gone?

Reply #918778 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

Anything Xavier can do, Jonah can do better?

Reply #918779 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Oh my talk about desperation the guy hasn't played in 3 years.

Reply #918780 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

Like I said, low risk/high reward potentially - I doubt very much that the Kings have thrown major cash at him. Tough crypto market out there, that's for sure... Glad I cashed out 7-8 years ago.

Reply #918782 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

No doubt Bolden is coming cheap because frankly who would touch him but he's obviously been signed as a close as possible Cooks replacement. Bolden once again in Cooks' shadow and no doubt will spit the dummy again too.

Reply #918783 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Last year

this is going to be fun to watch. i wondered when Jonah was going to lose his cash

Reply #918785 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Been training at kings for a while, so they would have tested him. Kings are a smart organisation now days, so it's as said above, low risk high reward. Brandt been training as well amongst others m told but looks like Bolden and Hunter for the fives.

Reply #918789 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

Potentially an inspired move.

He's only 27. If he's been training and has an improved attitude and professionalism, should be an above average player in the NBL. And like others have noted, unlikely it's costing the Kings huge dollars.

Reply #918795 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Reply #918797 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Jonah Hodlin'

Reply #918802 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

If it was between bolden or Angus the obvious answer is Bolden. Younger, far more athletic and upside

Reply #918803 | Report this post

Saint23  
Last year

i would love to see Hogg at the 3 and bolden the 4

Reply #918805 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last year

Hearing he will play more 4 than 5.

SYDNEY KINGS

PG: Walton Jr*? - Bruce - Makoi-dp

SG: Vasiljevic? - Glover - Mitchell-dp

SF: Hogg* - Galloway - Maluach - Amir-dp

PF: Bolden - Noi - dp
C: Import* - Hunter - dp

Interseting he said he wants back into boomers in the future also.
Not sure he would make anything more than an Asian cup or qualifying tournaments.

Reply #918806 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last year

Next star also

Reply #918807 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

I think you are hearing wrong, Hogg will be the four. Down to three American coaches for final selection, Weaver not returning.

Reply #918808 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Last year

It's all been said above, but it's going to be interesting for sure... Was very keen for him to sign back when I was still a long-time Kings fan, but his attitude really got the best of him... If they're not paying him much, this is a good investment if he's got his head on straight this time, but he's certainly in the "got to prove himself" camp...

Without knowing too much of what Brandt has been up to lately, I still would have probably chosen him for a more immediate return, but Bolden probably won't be required to put up too much to start with and will be able to grow into the season...

Reply #918849 | Report this post

retired  
Last year

Brandt has been plying his trade in Japan and was doing well.

I would take Brandt over Bolden as Brandt is a nicer and more honest and especially reliable person/player.

Bolden has an ego and we saw that when he withdrew from the Boomers team a few years ago.

Don't take Bolden just because Daddy was a previous Kings player.

Reply #918850 | Report this post

Dunks  
Last year

While people are wary of Bolden's trustworthiness, it is worth noting that Bogut was on that Boomers team he walked out on in 2019. So if Bogut as an owner is sufficiently satisfied that Bolden is a good investment that hopefully suggests there has been some significant maturing there.

Reply #918858 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Brandt has been playing in div 2 in Japan, he missed the last third of season and his stats are meaningless as his side were strugglers so he probably got lot of ball. Both options had risks for kings.

Reply #918868 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

At least Brandt has stats unlike Bolden.

Reply #918872 | Report this post

Saint23  
Last year

Weedy slug
i would like to at Deyonta davis. i can only wish

Reply #918881 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Risk and reward, Brandt price would be a lot higher than Bolden, Bolden probably thinks, one, two good seasons and I'm back in the nba.

Reply #918887 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:59 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754