Isaac
Last year

Pelicans preparing to trade Zion?

Bill Simmons says "a reliable source informed me that Zion will no longer be on the Pelicans come Thursday".
Fascinating scenario with a player once pitched as a notch below generational, now potentially on the verge of being moved.

Zion's averaged 26 PPG in the NBA, but only played 114 games in four seasons.

Would you trade him? Would you trade for him?

If Portland go for him, they have a history of major player injuries undoing great plans...

Topic #51170 | Report this topic

Kev  
Last year

The only franchise that would see this guy as an upgrade is Memphis

Reply #918848 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Last year

If reasonably cheap, I would trade for him and then don't play him until after the All Star break each year. Ramp him up and only play big minutes once in the playoffs.

Reply #918852 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Last year

His value would surely be pretty low, especially with the off court issues happening at the moment. Only playing 114 games in 4 seasons is not quite as bad but getting close to Greg Oden type of bad. Not sure where he will end up, but good luck to whoever gets him.

Reply #918865 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

With $200M remaining on Zion's contract the Pels should dump that contract on any sucker they can find.

Reply #918871 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Last year

Maybe Atlanta take a swing?

Reply #918874 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Last year

I hope not BF, but I can see the ATL owner and front office doing a deal for Zion

Reply #918875 | Report this post

Cram  
Last year

I would say it would be worth Charlotte having a go. They're never gonna get a guy like him as a Free Agent, and its worth the risk. Melo and Zion would be exciting when fit.

A trade around the number 2 might be something worth exploring?

Reply #918876 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Last year

Its still a risk Cram given that number 2 pick could amount to a better player (one that actually plays) compared to Zion.

I honestly see ATL moving Collins + more for Zion. So grateful Orlando got Banchero so Zion isnt an option for us.

Reply #918890 | Report this post

Gazee  
Last year

Watch out people will be saying Kai will be replacing him next

Reply #919090 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:46 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754