Gary Clark signs with Hawks.

https://www.espn.com.au/nbl/story/_/id/37906697/nbl-illawarra-hawks-sign-former-nba-player-gary-clark-final-import-nbl24

As per ESPN and Illawarra Mercury the Hawks have signed forward Gary Clark.

"Clark is coming off his second season with Capitanes de Ciudad de México in the NBA G-League, averaging 19.6 points, 7.9 rebounds, and 2.5 assists per game, shooting 43 percent from the field and 41.6 percent -- on 9.7 attempts a game -- from beyond the arc."

The 41.6 3pt % suggest Clark may be exactly what the Hawks need. Looks a reasonable rebounder as well from his stats.

Robinson, Harvey, Clark and Froling with a number of options to fill out the starting lineup suggest the Hawks are in for a much improved season.

Topic #51188 | Report this topic

Screeningnick  
Last year

Perfect signing. Hawks have shaped up really nicely.

Reply #919073 | Report this post

"In his sophomore season, Clark developed into one of the top defensive players in the AAC. After averaging 10.4 points, 8.8 rebounds, 1.2 steals and 1.5 blocks per game, he was named second-team All-AAC and the conference Defensive Player of the Year".

"At the close of his senior season, Clark was named AAC Player of the Year and Defensive Player of the Year."

Looks like he plays both ends.

Reply #919075 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Last year

Good signing from the Hawks. Really want them to make the top-4.

I'm sick of the same clubs up the top each season. Yes it does change slightly but the bigger clubs are always up the top.

Reply #919084 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Okay then, we'll replace United with the Hawks.

Reply #919087 | Report this post

Saint23  
Last year

full squad or is there still a local spot

Reply #919111 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Returning: Harvey*, Froling, Grida, Wani, Hickey

In: Robinson*, Clark*, Johnson (NS), Peatling, Olbrich, Bayles (DP)

FA's: Deng, Mudronja

Next Stars & DP's don't count towards the 11 man roster so 2 local spots left.

Reply #919115 | Report this post

Saint23  
Last year

Todd Blanchfield?

Reply #919116 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Last year

Todd Blanchfield I heard on ESPN, it's basically official but not released yet.

ESPN also said that the Hawks could potentially make top-4 with this squad. I got Breakers, Perth making top-6 but it depends how their imports go.

It’s early for predictions but will be another close nbl season. I don’t think United will even make top-2 seeing how close each roster is.

Reply #919123 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

Blanchfield is how official.

Reply #919166 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:42 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754