Pat Bev
Last year

What happend to Trevor Gleeson?

Keep seeing Trev at WABL games coaching his sons U16 team, and saw he is doing the James Worthy Dinner in Perth in late Sept - does that mean he has no NBA gig this season? Such a good coach sitting out there!

Topic #51314 | Report this topic

Master Chief  
Last year

From what I understand, his time came to an end when Nurse left Toronto, but would still be getting paid for his contract, and other NBA options fell through. Had European offers that he rejected. I am not pretentiously pretending I have inside knowledge, but paraphrasing from an article you can find with a google search.

Spot on, would be hot property!

Reply #922254 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last year

Asia maybe?

Reply #922255 | Report this post

Billy Bob  
Last year

Nba payouts work by way of getting paid only if you sit out, or if you take a new job whatever the balance between new job and payout figure is owed.

Often you are best to sit it out and enjoy the time off

Reply #922261 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

CJ would be sweating.

Reply #922268 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

Illawarra and Adelaide coaches would be looking over their shoulders

Reply #922269 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Last year

Ben, I doubt it. He would have to know another below par season would make a contract extension unlikely anyway. I guess it could be true that Gleeson being on the market would make it easier, but basically all NBL coaches would be aware of this if the opportunity to lock him up presents itself. I think CJ would just know that he needs to make something happen this season, and even in that case, could still miss out with sudden availability of Gleeson. All hypothetical of course.

Reply #922270 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last year

how long is Cotton contracted for? I know he really liked playing for Gleeson

Reply #922271 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Cotton's got 2 more years left.

Reply #922275 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Not certain Gleeson would take over Adelaide roster, he like defensive players, not a lot there.

Reply #922298 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Only Dech, Marshall and Cadee with the possibility of Wiley and Flowers are under contract for next season.

FWIW, Gleeson has been linked to the Sixers for the past couple of years.

Reply #922300 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:13 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754