Krammis76
Last year

Corey “Homicide” Williams cancer battle

Heard in the telecast that he's battling stage 4 colon cancer. As a former Townsville crocs supporter i hope he can fight this. Terrible news especially after having another child recently.

Topic #51367 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Last year

Stage four, not good odds, I wish all the best and hope he comes through.

Reply #924574 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Some of the stories I've heard about Corey's community engagement, making the extra effort for fans etc were really impressive. While his commentary divides opinion, as a person he's a real positive force and I hope he can get through what he's facing, good luck to him. This sort of news really puts basketball results in perspective.

Reply #924578 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Last year

I heard this mid-game and the result of the game no longer mattered.

Reply #924583 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Last year

All the best to him, poor bugger. Brought nothing but positivity to Australian basketball, and always celebrating the progress. Get well soon!

Reply #924587 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

Really sad news. Only 46. Low odds. Life is short, very sobering. All the best Homicide.

Reply #924629 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Last year

Faaaark.
Cancer just doesn't care. While some of his commentary annoys me, he's currently the best ambassador for Australian basketball.
I remember last year he went on a big health and fitness kick so I fear this may have been around for a while in hindsight.
Miracles do happen, so all the best to him and his family.

Reply #924634 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

Shocking,shocking news. Best of luck mate. Prayers

Reply #924685 | Report this post

Bol  
Last year

Damn! I was very saddened to hear this news. I have always liked his charisma and colorful personality as a commentator. None better as a promoter for the NBL. His provocative statements and banter is always good for a laugh too. Hang in there Homicide!!

Reply #924695 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

"I heard this mid-game and the result of the game no longer mattered."

100%. It puts things into perspective.

Reply #924711 | Report this post

Scout  
Last year

"I heard this mid-game and the result of the game no longer mattered."

100%. It puts things into perspective.'

Yep Corey knows how to create a controversy / discussion to promote the NBL, reckon he is great.

He has always been about promoting the NBL and passionate about it.

My thoughts are with him and that he is able to get through this.

Reply #924760 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Last year

Really sorry to hear this the other night. I've always loved the guy and what he did particularly for Croc Nation. I really hope that he's got Australian citizenship or great health insurance to take care of his medical needs. Wiki says that of 2012 he travelled on a Jamaican passport.

Reply #924990 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:52 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754