Hooper
Last year

Sixers Balance

After watching yesterday (albeit a small sample size) what role does Dech slot back into? McCarron, Cadee, Flowers, Franklin and Marshall all doing their jobs. It will be interesting to see if his minutes are drastically reduced to defensive assignments only maybe?

Topic #51368 | Report this topic

Master Chief  
Last year

Starling could be an underrated signing also.

Reply #924636 | Report this post

Hooper  
Last year

Agreed, Starling is a Swiss Army knife, and will play any role he's given. Galloway also showed signs of improvement and extended minutes should help him. Adding Wiley’s energy to this mix will look nice. Early days, will be interesting to watch the Brisbane game.
This could also be the season it finally clicks for McCarron.

Reply #924637 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Last year

I think Adelaide are in a position to just throw everyone at it all the time. Not sure how relevant the starting 5 will be, and in terms of Dech, I think he'll just have his moments like everyone else. I like this roster more than last season, and maybe Kell & Franklin could also be underrated signings, but we'll wait and see I suppose.

Reply #924638 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

Been burned too many times by 36ers pre-season success to glean anything especially with the key absences or limited limits for SEM

Reply #924656 | Report this post

Hooper  
Last year

KET, definitely understand that. I'm looking more so at roles etc, and balance. Playing hard, and the controllables. I think early on there is one too many guards, and it may be that Dech’s playing time suffers as a result.

Reply #924676 | Report this post

Beantown  
Last year

Agreed Hooper, there are too many guards. It will be a test for CJ to keep everyone happy. Having said that, it is nice to have multiple ball-handlers who can both bring the ball up and create some offence!

It was also good to see ball movement in the first pre-season game too. Players were generally moving the ball on if they didn't have an opening to attack.

I think if Dech proves to be a more reliable three point threat than Mitch, then he could take minutes off him.

Reply #924761 | Report this post

Hooper  
Last year

Possibly, but Dech seems make three point shots more difficult than they need to be, with step backs and poor timing. He's best off the ball on defensive assignments, his offensive game lacks awareness and timing. It’s my belief that he needs to understand he’s not an offensive juggernaut, and will be an addition, not a star. If he can do that, he will find time on court.

Reply #924791 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:27 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754