KET
Last year

Bay Area Dragons disbanded?

Sounds like they sacked their team, and may not compete?

For those unaware, I think Goorjian is the head coach.

Spin.ph also included this:

"EASL CEO and co-founder Matt Beyer has also yet to make an official announcement on the matter, although sources said a major development is expected to be revealed within next week.“

Topic #51370 | Report this topic

This is truly my personal opinion. I think financial problems may have arisen because China does not participate in EASL.

And the reason I'm disappointed with Goorjian is because his team finished 2nd in the PBA and 3rd in the EASL. The Bay Area Dragons were a team comprised of some of the best members in the Asian region. I watched quite a few live games.

Reply #924735 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last year

Don't think it will last this league.

Reply #924736 | Report this post

Pat Bev  
Last year

damn Sava just signed a 80K to play for them this season!

Reply #924745 | Report this post

retired  
Last year

It is typical that where ever Goorjian goes they go broke after because he tries to bye championships and at times they fail.

This was just another one of those happenings.

Reply #924758 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Last year

Retired, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Reply #924763 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

That may be true but to go all the way to a Game 7 in a PBA championship series is no mean feat at your first attempt.

Reply #924766 | Report this post

However, the Bay Area Dragons are not a PBA caliber team. PBA is a lower level league than CBA, KBL, and B League.

Reply #924768 | Report this post

Even though the Bay Area Dragons had high-level players, they relied on imported players and both their offense and defense systems were poor.

Reply #924769 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:50 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754