Isaac
Last year

Blazers trading Lillard to Bucks

Lillard goes Milwaukee as part of a 3-team deal with Jrue Holiday, Deandre Ayton, Toumani Camara, a 2029 unprotected MIL 1st, and unprotected MIL swap rights in 2028 and 2030 to Blazers. Phoenix lands Jusuf Nurkic, Grayson Allen, Nassir Little and Keon Johnson.
There was zero talk about this move for Lillard in the lead-up. Almost all the focus was on the Heat or Raptors.
The Blazers never re-engaged the Heat before accepting this offer from the Bucks, according to a league source. Not that the Blazers had to do this, but it's worth noting. The Heat learned of the trade when the news broke.
Blazers are expected to move Holiday on elsewhere to a contender.
Damian Lillard averaged 32.2 PPG last season, which would be the most in NBA history by a player to start the next season on a new team. ...
76ers supposedly interested in Holiday.

Topic #51426 | Report this topic

Cram  
Last year

Holiday will definitely get some interest from contenders. Heat could end up trading what they were offering for Lillard but instead get Holiday. He'd be a good fit there.

Reply #926694 | Report this post

Isaac  
Last year

With Miami talks going nowhere, agent Aaron Goodwin privately told the Bucks and Nets 10 days ago that Dame would be interested in a deal there.
Wonder what the Nets deal could've been?

Reply #926695 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Last year

Surprised the Suns did this deal to be honest, moving Ayton I understand but felt they could have gotten more elsewhere. What I believe their thinking was though was they wanted a big body centre that could defend Jokic better than Ayton can.

Glad Dame is on the Bucks and didnt end up at the Heat, get tired of players thinking they can choose where they land especially after signing large contracts like the one Dame did.

Going to be interesting to see where Jrue ends up, Clippers? Heat? Lakers?

Reply #926697 | Report this post

Pinch  
Last year

Shame they couldn't have kept Jrue.

Reply #926698 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

I have no idea what the Suns were thinking, but I don't know if I love the deal for any team to be honest.

Reply #926712 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Last year

I like the deal for the Blazers, they are going to have a wealth of picks and are still yet to trade Jrue. On top of that I think Ayton/Henderson pairing is a good one. Still got Sharpe and Anthony Simmons there too so for the Blazers I think they won the deal.

For the Bucks you are getting Dame who will have longer left in his career than Jrue (Jrue came out saying he was retiring once his contract runs out) and it also shows Giannis they are serious about building a championship team around hi,.

Suns add a bit of depth and gain a big body in the West to battle Jokic, only issue is Nurkic wont last a full season as he is always battling injuries.

Reply #926714 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

Those Mil picks are so far in the future that its really hard to judge the value.

Reply #926715 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:02 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754