no baynes, can Bris still win

Topic #51477 | Report this topic

Tomdelonge2  
Last year

Who gets Baynes minutes/

Reply #928052 | Report this post

larrycucumber2  
Last year

If Kings are starting to gel - Kings by at least 10.

But after seeing the Tassie game not quite sure if they're there yet.

Still early days for them.

Reply #928054 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last year

Unless Brisbane get the same help from referees as they did against Breakers they could be on a hiding. Sydney just better man for man. Kings by 10+

Reply #928056 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

I don't know that losing Baynes hurts them on the court. More minutes for Harrison and Rocco maybe not the worst thing.

Reply #928061 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Last year

As sad as it is to say, Harrison/Rocco > Baynes.

This isn't a big loss for Brisbane.

Reply #928063 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

It was strange how Brisbane got the away cooking in NZ, it helped them win for sure. Brisbane are certainly competitive this season and I think Harrison has been great, unfortunately so has Hunter and the kings are just starting to warm up. Kings to deep in what should be a good game.

Reply #928067 | Report this post

DennisRodmansHair  
Last year

Harrison has been playing well so should plug the hole reasonably well. Will be good to see how Rocco goes given more playing time.

Reply #928071 | Report this post

DennisRodmansHair  
Last year

I think this should be a competitive game, Sydney should still be able to grind out a win though.

Reply #928072 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

A bit like touch football, no defence by either side.

Reply #928086 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Last year

Does Rocco still go to highschool? What's the go with that?

Blows my mind he’s only 17 - not 18 till mid next year.

Reply #928087 | Report this post

Tomdelonge2  
Last year

Reply #928091 | Report this post

Tomdelonge2  
Last year

No Baynes No Brisbane

Reply #928092 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Kings just rolling, they will end up actually better than last season, again Smith for all the haters gets it done.
Top four in no order already kings, united, cats, JJs, the rest making up numbers.

Reply #928094 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Kings getting excited, kings moving the ball well, bullets move the ball to Sobey. Copeland saying no defence being played, Norton been a good pick up for Brisbane.

Reply #928095 | Report this post

Jacket  
Last year

Bullets, Hawks and 36ers are absolutely embarrassing
A league is only as strong as its weakest teams.
The NBL is not in a good position when you look at these teams.

They are abysmal.

Reply #928097 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Kings got a good coach here. They are rolling. Still got Hogg to come in.

Reply #928098 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Nice fight back in the last quarter by bullets, but never in doubt. Gaze with Copeland are fine on commentary, actually Gaze and Gleeson are good with anyone, it's when they are not there it falls away.

Reply #928101 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

@ Screeningnick

Pretty sure Rocco doesn't actually attend a high school, but completes secondary studies externally when he’s not training.

Reply #928145 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Last year

Bullets better than last season. Sobey looking back to form after injuries the last 2 seasons. Need to defend and another guy to step up next to him though.

Reply #928146 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

Bullets definitely better and never quit last night. They are headed in the right direction but it's going to take some time.

I like what Valentine brings overall for the Kings and he feels like a good locker room guy who doesn't play selfishly on the court despite his NBA creds... however, he's had some of the worst backcourt and transition turnovers I've ever seen from a professional, let alone an ex-NBA guy. I feel like I need to cover my eyes any time he is bringing the ball up the court with even token pressure.

Reply #928154 | Report this post

Ratty Mussell  
Last year

Brisbane won't finish in the top six when Sobey is more invested in his own scoring rather than wins for his team. was the same in Adelaide when fighting for the ball with Jerome Randall. notice how he doesn't look disappointed after a loss when he has a good scoring game . its all about Sobey !!!

Reply #928170 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:35 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754