Q Anon
Last year

Cooks waived by Washington

What doe the NBL do? Cant have White , Reath and Cooks not playing locally.

Topic #51515 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Last year

I think I saw Reath signed a two-way with Portland? White and Cooks I wouldn't be surprised if they went the G-League route and hoped for a call up.

Reply #929029 | Report this post

Baller  
Last year

Wouldn't surprise me if Sydney didn’t get rid of valentine and bring cookes back after the flogging they got on the wknd

Reply #929030 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Maybe look at the game and Valentine stats, he was one of their best. Cooks plays around the bucket without a jump shot, at his size it was always going to be a bit of a struggle. Great effort to get there and maybe still can hang around a while longer.

Reply #929031 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last year

Hogg injury replacement ?

Reply #929033 | Report this post

Baller  
Last year

So you would rather keep valentine even if cooks was available to bring in ?

Reply #929038 | Report this post

Ballman  
Last year

Didn't he get a 3 year contract ? Either now on gardening leave or someone else picks up the contract

Reply #929039 | Report this post

dddd  
Last year

Is he any good? Can the Sixers get him? Get it done CJ!

Reply #929040 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

Only 1 year was guaranteed

Reply #929041 | Report this post

Rely  
Last year

Q Anon - I believe Hogg is cleared to play in the Kings next game against the Taipans

Reply #929044 | Report this post

Eagle  
Last year

Sorry dddd, no shot 36ers can pick him up way out of our price range. And yes, he is very good just not good enough for the nba due to his lack of shooting.

Reply #929046 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

White would be a better fit for Sixers, a more of an all to rounder.

Reply #929048 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Cooks be good fit for cats

Reply #929049 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Last year

If they can - Perth should drop both Usher/Doolittle and use their money on either White or Cooks.

Reply #929050 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

It's amazing that the better Australian players are better than a lot imports. Cats should keep Dolitle as 3 and D guy and cooks to the four and they play finals.

Reply #929054 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last year

Cooks would fit well at home... in illawarra. Get rid of Clark.

Reply #929056 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

So 36ers reach out to both Xavier Cooks and Tyler Cook despite both being 5-6x as much as what they're willing to spend.

Surely neither of those were much more 800k-1million which begs the question, would 150k be sufficient for a decent backup C import?

Reply #929065 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Cooks signed a 4 year deal with the Wizards for $6.1 million and and the first two years were fully guaranteed, last season and this season.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2023/03/wizards-agreeing-to-multi-season-deal-with-xavier-cooks.html

So it will be interesting to see what he does as the Wizards would've had to eat his salary for this season to release him. He will be making about $1.5M USD this season so no need to play anywhere.

Reply #929066 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

Apparently both White and Cooks anticipate signing with other NBA sides for now so nbl teams are told to go away.

But I still find it weird that the 36ers approach a Tyler Cook despite him being 5/6 times out of their price range.

Reply #929069 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

Yeah with his salary still being paid Cooks would be nuts IMO to not just go the G-League route and hope for a call up even if no offers come from teams at this stage. Give it a try for a season and worst case you come back to AU or sign in Europe next season.

Reply #929072 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Where is he playing at present or is he just waiting around for hopefully another team.

Reply #930125 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:19 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754