Tomdelonge2
Last year

JJ's @ Adelaide, Nov 11

Interesting game. JJ's looking to consolidate top 4. Adelaide looking to climb the ladder.

Topic #51573 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Last year

Can't see any way the Sixers could win this but I hope I'm wrong.

JJ's by 13

Reply #930162 | Report this post

AntAntAnt  
Last year

Magnay available for JJs.

Reply #930193 | Report this post

Peter  
Last year

Anyone heard Who is out for 36ers?

Heard Wiley had gastro that bad in Perth he passed out on the plane as everyone was boarding and woke up with Ambo's looking after him so had to stay in Perth.

Wonder if Wiley will be ok to play or if anyone else caught it.

Reply #930200 | Report this post

Observer  
Last year

Where did you hear that peter? Haven't heard anything along those lines re: Wiley

Reply #930210 | Report this post

JMS  
Last year

Feels like Magnay has been out for 2 seasons, will be interesting to see how he fits in. When in form he can provide elite rim protection and floor running. Hope he plays well.

Reply #930214 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last year

Sixers almost beat JJ's in the pre-season with no imports. I don't think pre-season means much but perhaps we match up well on the JJ's so we could be a chance. However, I think Drmic drops 15-20 on us and we lose by 10.

Observer, Peter is correct. Wiley stayed in Perth.

Reply #930240 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Last year

Is Wiley playing today?

Reply #930243 | Report this post

Observer  
Last year

Sixers fan I know he stayed in Perth but I was talking about passing out on the plane

Reply #930246 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Wiley isn't mentioned as an out in the preview the NBL posted today.

Reply #930247 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

I believe this is going to be a very close affair if Sixers are at full strength. JJs probably slightly to strong by eight.

Reply #930249 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Van Hofe - Hooley - Lowry. Has their ever been a worse panel trio in the NBL's history.

Reply #930256 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Kell out, certainly makes JJs job easier.

Van Hofe, Hooley are fine, Santa back in now so not to bad.

Reply #930258 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Gazey just hooked Hooley out of of commentary.

Reply #930260 | Report this post

Peter  
Last year

Observer, it was from Wiley himself in a radio interview. He's back but Kell missing will hurt.

Will see more of flowers I guess which might be good

Reply #930261 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Smith Milner is a much maligned player, doing well. Scrappy game, JJs just don't seem the same as last season yet.

Reply #930262 | Report this post

Scout  
Last year

Not a fan of A Gaze as a commentator - Mr Obvious.

Never a easy game in the NBL - yeah Dunkman JJs may have won more than they did at this time last season but still not in the flow, couple of big scalps in Sydney and Melb but need consistency

Reply #930263 | Report this post

Tomdelonge2  
Last year

What a sh1t show

Reply #930264 | Report this post

Peter  
Last year

Didn't realise how good a defender Doyle is.

Tassie much better structured than 36ers

Reply #930265 | Report this post

Peter  
Last year

What's wrong with Kell?

Reply #930266 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Sixers are in this if they could make a basket, Dech should not be allowed to dribble the ball, play D and shoot when open. Wiley doesn't look 100%. Crawford ability to score has kept JJs flowing. McVeigh can score, undersized for four man on D.

Reply #930268 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

You can't blame coach CJ for missing open lay ups. JJs just to profession for Sixers.

Reply #930269 | Report this post

Krazy8  
Last year

How poor is the atmosphere on TV, what a sterile environment.

Can't get to the games these days due to other sporting commitments but it’s hard to get excited watching it.

Reply #930270 | Report this post

Tomdelonge2  
Last year

Sixers pathetic

Reply #930271 | Report this post

Tomdelonge2  
Last year

DJ logo bombs from the logo's incoming.... what a joke

Reply #930272 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Stil can't believe Adelaide didn’t hang on to at least one of McVeigh or Drmic. Dumb.

And yeah, pretty bad watching the game on tv. Sounds like I’m listening to a 2005 school disco.

Reply #930274 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

36ers are a frustrating incompetent club.

Whomever thought the team they signed was ever going to be anything more than a bottom 4 team should come out and explain why the obvious that has ended up in obvious results wasn't so obvious to them. It’s just crap to watch.

Why didn’t they grab an import backup big when they signed DJV?

DJV was never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever going to move the ticker. Ever.

They needed an import big too, but they didn’t do it.

Frustrating club, way to put 9,400 fans in the stadium off coming back.

Reply #930275 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Sixers really miss a true quality point guard. I'm not certain why Starling gets so much time ahead of Galloway. Sixers plus, minus tells a lot. Sixers are not making play ins, play play players who are going to be there next season, Marshall, Galloway, Wiley etc and get a point guard.
JJs just keep rolling, between Crawford, Doyle and McVeigh they will keep scoring and let their D do the rest of the job. It’s not always beautiful but it’s very efficient and I love the way they move the ball.
Another great home crowd, loud and passionate, it’s good to see, owner just got make a few adjustments to start winning.

Reply #930276 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

I'm legitimately scared that at this point Adelaide is going to be part of the vicious cycle where nobody will want to sign with Adelaide unless they over-pay or make outrageous role/time commitments.

A place that doesn’t know how to win or what decent culture is.

Reply #930277 | Report this post

Peter  
Last year

Not too many positives from that. Marshall finally getting a run I guess. He needs to play more.

Effectively played with no imports, Wiley was still struggling.

Reply #930278 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Last year

Yep Marshall was the only one that showed any energy and attack and by then it was too late. That was just a horrible passive performance from the jump.

Reply #930279 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Last year

Do we have no 3rd import because DJ is a marquee?

Or just CBF finding another?

Reply #930280 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

JJs should have won that comfortably with no Kell and Wiley well below par, and they did. Adelaide has a reasonable team now, but it's going to take something pretty good to climb out of the hole they find themselves in to make the top 6.

Reply #930281 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Van Hofe - Hooley - Lowry. Has their ever been a worse panel trio in the NBL's history.

Way to ruin your own product, LK.

Reply #930284 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

All the talk of us signing a third import soon after we signed DJV has died down. The owner has put his feet up with the Sixers now 3-7 and soon to be 9th on the ladder once NZB gets their act together, it looks as if only the Hawks are going to keep us away from the wooden spoon.

The Sixers owner doesn't deserve a great crowd like last night of 9,440.

Reply #930288 | Report this post

Spinner  
Last year

One of the worst games of professional basketball I've sat through in over 20 years as member...…..just pathetic. JJs only won because they weren’t as bad. We know we are in trouble when that waste of space McCarran is one of the most productive in the Sixers!!

Like a few have already said, way to disappoint 9,400 who turned up!

Reply #930307 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:48 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754