Big Game
Years ago

Eastern Mavs vs Forestville Eags

Well it wasn't that long ago the question was asked on hoops when people thought the eagles would lose this season, and from memory, some people thought that the mavs, with Holmes playing, would easily account for the eagles. Well this game is now upon us people. Who do people think will win this won at Mt Barker?

Both teams in very good form. The Mavs having a superb weekend beating Norwood at Mars by double digits, and thrashed the Bearcats the following day by 30!

Whilst the eagles easily accounted the Rockets outfit, easily beating the 3rd placed side by 35.

There should be some great match ups in this one. Here is how I think they will match up. Firstly I think the 2 point guards will go head to head in Hill abd Sutton. Sutton will be keen to perform well in this one to open up Phil and Steve's eyes.

Then I think Madgen and Sullivan will go at it. Very similar players. Both good shooters, but can both get to the rack.

Then Davis vs Arnold. Davis' numbers have been down a little this year, I think if Arnold, who is arguably the leagues best all round defender, matches up on Davis, Davis' form will not improve in this one.

Then the biggy...the 2 dual Wollacott medalists going at it. Dix vs Holmes. Can't wait to see how this match up un folds. Both in good form, and the best forwards in the league.

Bungey/Cambell vs Hoban/Mac-T. Think this will have a big bearing on the game, cos I think whoever can get the accendancy on the glass will have a huge chance of winning this game, so these 4 guys will become very big parts of this game and how it unfolds.

This game is too close to call, but with the home ground advantage, and the Eagles poor history at the Mount, I think that the Mavs will get up by 6-8 points, and the eagles suffering their first loss of the season.

What does everyone think?

Topic #7375 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds like a very close game and very exciting, but you left out one player for mavs who will make a BIG impact this weekeng. We'll have to wait and see

Reply #82936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it the guy from college that plays PG

Reply #82940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You are forgetting the other bench match ups - Campbell, Gange etc vs Benson and Wright is a big win for the Eagles. If Stephen Williams plays (I assume this is who 82936 is referring to) then it may be a bit closer. With Holmes and esp. Williams having not played much/at all with the Mavs this year I think the Eagles all round team chemistry and discipline will be better than the Mavs.

Reply #82941 | Report this post

Years ago

williams will definately play this weekend, thinks he gets in on friday. doubt that the mavs will be able to jel together enough to get a win. could be the ultimate "team of champions" vs a "champion team" game.

Reply #82945 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I wonder if Phil will make the trip. Good opportunity to see some young guys in contention for a spot on the Sixers roster.

Reply #82974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has to be close for Jacob to be moving soon. He was only playing 4 or 5 games and that must be close.

Reply #82975 | Report this post

NH  
Years ago

Forestville in a canter....the team of champions post was spot on....especially if williams plays, their chemistry will struggle...i think mavs best chance is to load onto jacobs shoulders and try their luck, but from what i am gathering he is not being overly aggressive so he does not muck up their chemistry too much when he leaves....eagles by 25.

Reply #82986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jacob is playing for the season

Reply #82993 | Report this post

yaga  
Years ago

I think NH is way off the mark... The Mavs boys have benn playing some great team basketball from what i hear and watching them on the weekend shows me that they will get up by 10 or so...
i wouldn't entirely right off the Mavs bench cause i have seen either one of those guys come on and get 10-15 points so wouldn't right off them just yet..
It will be a different game compared to last one....
Steve is playing for Mavs apparently training with them this week...
That will leave Wright with not much time on court....

Reply #83110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

True they haven't been playing with each other all season which could create stagnance, however they have the potential to be an awesome team and have all played together alot before. Jacob has taken a step back it seems this season and the last few games the boys have been playing great as a team, seen in the score lines. They adjusted to the addition of Jacob very quick, why wouldn't they adjust just as well to another great player. At last a great point guard to set it all up for the bigger boys. should be a very good game. Better be! goodluck to both teams, perhaps this is a finals preview?

Reply #83192 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:18 am, Mon 13 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754