Bizzy
Years ago

Bullets Take Out The Blitz

The Brisbane Bullets have taken out the NBL Blitz beating the Tigers 53-39.

Brisbane Takes Out Blitz

I don't think that the Blitz results are a clear indication of how far the Bullets will go this season, however we all know they are stacked with stars. Guess we will have to wait and see how they go through the season.

Topic #8541 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

They did it without Bradtke and Rychart playing any games too.

Reply #95473 | Report this post

Madcat  
Years ago

Will the 05 NBL Blitz stats up on this site?

Cheers

Reply #95474 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

and also missing black.
Yet they had supposedly the best team on paper last year too but just couldnt gel together.
I still think Melbourne with a fit Anstey is the team to beat.

I know it has been brought up several times before but you seriously have to wonder how Brisbanes team come under the salary cap.

Reply #95475 | Report this post

Good to see Horvath made the tournament all-star 5. Hopefully that's a promising sign for the season to come!

And I too would love to know how the Bullets could put a team like that in a *cough* legitimate *cough* manner?

Reply #95478 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bullets wouldn't be under the cap at all. It's been suggested that they're spending $1.5-2m.

Reply #95541 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

You would think so. Its also a wonder that they come under the rating points also.

Reply #95543 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Bullets points are

CJ 10
Dusty 10
Ere / Black 10
Bradtke 5 loyalty discount
Mac 10
Hill 5 Loyalty discount
Boucher 5
Williamson 1
Tragardh 4
Gibson 1

so they are well under the points cap largely through discounts which is how it is supposed to work.

when Black returns they can even run him if they cut Gibsion or Williamson under the points cap, the $ cap is a different story.

Reply #95546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't see how Brisbane (Eddy Groves) can feel good if/when they win the championship.

The way they are doing it is just not fair and eventually it will ruin the NBL.

Reply #95552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The worst thing is the NBL would have to know about this but don't care.

Reply #95553 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And what are they going to do?

"Eddy, here's your tally of fines for cap breaches over the last year or two."

"Rick, here's a table showing my sponsorship and support of the league recently. Call it even?"

Makes it sweeter if any fair-playing team can beat them.

Reply #95554 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

95552 - "I can't see how Brisbane (Eddy Groves) can feel good if/when they win the championship."

they do say money cant buy happiness dont they...

Reply #95558 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Agreed with Isaac - they seem to be clearly rorting the system so opposition teams will be loving the challenge of knocking them off.

Also having a superstar team that everyone expects to win brings a heap of pressure. With IMO a slightly 'suspect under pressure' coach look for some fireworks if the Bullets dont perform up to the expectations. Could bring to the surface some simmering tensions from last season between players and coach.....

Reply #95573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Phil Smyth will move from one of Eddys teams to the other if Brisbane don't win the championship this year.

Reply #95595 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I will point out that the USA did not win the gold at the WC's despite being the best individually....maybe the Bullets will destruct like they did last year.

Reply #95597 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:23 pm, Wed 8 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754