Mott the Hoople
Years ago

Media War

I noticed yesterday the story in the on-line Advertiser about Cairns beating the 6ers was by Simon Traythorn. He started the article by saying "The Cairns Taipans ended the Adelaide 36ers' late season surge for a spot in the NBL finals...".

This morning Boti had an article on-line previewing the perth game (a bit late), stating some ill-informed media people gave the sixers no chance of making the finals. That story has now been removed.

I have never seen or heard of Simon Traythorn previously, Boti is obviously not a fan. I do like reading Boti, although I don't always agree with what he says or how he approaches stories. Is there competition about now or was that a one-off story from Simon Traythorn?

Topic #10035 | Report this topic

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

Sorry, I just checked again and that story from Boti is there. It has either been re-instated or I missed it.

Reply #114638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would be good to have different views rather then from just one journo

Reply #114650 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It was a surge for a play-off spot and it was ended. It just wasn't ended for good. Are you sure that that was the story he was referring to?

Update: It was a reference to Mark Aiston who had announced that our playoff hopes were dead after the loss to Cairns, despite the 36ers still being in the top eight.

Reply #114662 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

Apologies to Boti, I mis-understood to whom he was refering to.

I agree 114650 different opinions are good to read.

Reply #114665 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:40 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754