Thanks. I'll be there!

Reply #116690 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

woohoo on fox..i can watch it:)

Reply #116691 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Did anyone just see Nash's 2 attempts from the foul line? You have got to be joking surely!

Reply #116698 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Adelaide has 12 turnovers in the first half? How are they meant to win games?

Reply #116699 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Adelaide is down by 15 at half time. 66 - 51.

Reply #116700 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

I think I have the problem. We are not good enough!

Reply #116701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No we need FARLEY!!

Reply #116702 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Adelaide need a lot of things! Maybe they need to breach the salary cap.

Reply #116703 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

How can you expect to win when you let the opposition score 30+ points each quarter. 3rd quarter and the turnovers are at 17 at last count.

Reply #116704 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Have you ever seen a bigger rabble going round a court? There are some players out there tonight who should never play an NBL game again!

Reply #116705 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Nash heard you squid and just scored!

but your right - they look so outclassed out there it is scary!

Reply #116706 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Final score 99 to 131.

Reply #116707 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

I am really flat after that performance. To think this team has come to this after such a wonderful record. Very sad indeed.

Reply #116710 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Embarrassing!

Reply #116713 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

haha good point squid! I knew we would get destroyed so I didn't really feel bad about it for a change.

Realistically Brisbane where in second gear the whole night and still beat us by 32. They could have absolutely destroyed us by more if they wanted to. It wasn't even a contest. We were just up against a superior team with confidence.

There was a lot of negatives that I cant even bother to talk about. The only thing I will mention is why did it take until 6 minutes left in the first half for Majstrovich to get any court time!!! The guy is one of the only sixers with fight in him! Yet Nash was in way before him... it is absurd.

On a positive note towards next season I heard some great news that a former player is really keen to come back next season. He would boost the team greatly and is just what we need. I can't say who it is but if it is true it is a great sign for next season (As long as Smyth goes!)

Reply #116717 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Youre right squid.

Nash, Wheeler, Copeland and Timmons should hang up the boots.

What other team has 4 players combining for 80 minutes a game, who really should not be playing professional basketball?

On top of that, Cooper and Ng would not be getting more than 10-15 mins a game on a half decent side. Youre hurting the team if they are on the court longer than that.

Is it any surprise we are getting flogged?

Reply #116719 | Report this post

skudpud  
Years ago

My report.
Adelaide hung in until the 3rd. The umpires decisiions were F#$&ING disgracful. They are the only reason I dont want to goto games anymore. I can put up with the team losing FAIRLY
We were up against a Superior team, Yes we were, but what do you expect when we abide by the salary cap and they have atleast6 players that would be on $200k, they can get 4 people fouled out and still have a starting 5, ofcourse the umpires would need to know how to call a foul first.
Anyone that disagrees with me about these umpires, goto the game and actually watch it. As a bonus youll hear 3000 other people booing over every bad decision they make.
Maher wants out of Adelaide because he wants to know what its like not getting called for stepping within 5ft of a player.
If we all put some money in do you think we could fly over some better refs maybe...then the team wont get so god damn deflated they might be able to keep up their game for 4 quarters.

Reply #116728 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

geez..perhaps im glad i missed the game.

roll on footy season

Reply #116730 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

I think Mastrovich played extremely well under tonights intense pressure, although he still is not a very strong dfender along with the rest of the crew, we were just beaten by the best team going around at the moment and that is simply how a team of our callibre should be dealt with by the number 1 team. Lots of negatives however by the team tonight and aggresion was non existant to my eyes for the majority of the game. Very weak fouls by Cooper, Nash and Horvath and i couldn't believe it when Stephen Black out rebounded Cooper in the 2nd quarter and got fouled. Horvath who played good offensively needs to learn that he is not the only player on the court when he goes up for rebounds because it seems he just expects to go up for the ball and it will just appear in his hands, im sure it's not just Horvath and other players can be mentioned. Doesn't anyone remember the way Mark Davis used to rebound the ball at 6ft 6? with complete determination and heart for ripping that ball out of the air no matter who stood in his way, bit like Bradke tonight.

There will need to be a cleanout during the pre season and good young Australians will have to be one of the priorities for the team to sign up, a damn good small forward is also currently needed.

Go Sixers! I'll always support them through the toughest of times, ia m simply letting out my frustration on what has been a frustrating year for all concerned.

Reply #116735 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

So basically you have blamed our loss on 2 things? Brisbane apparantly not abiding by the salary cap, and the refs.

You obviously didnt see the same things I saw at the game.

- Complete inability to make correct decisions with the ball against the press.

- Constantly spoiling each others rebounds and letting balls slip out of our hands.

- Inability to play any form of smart basketball on defense or offense. I say inability, because I dont think its for lack of trying - we just have a lot of players who are not 'basketball smart'.

- Giving up open 3's and transition baskets all night.

The list could go on...

Reply #116738 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

i like the tech brett got after black talked to the umpire. He was going to the baseline and black walked over had a chat and next minute the "T"

Reply #116742 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Skudpud......

- Hung in until the 3rd 1/4??? we were never going to get close from half way through the first!

- Umpires??? just because the crowd yell doesnt mean the calls are wrong.

- at least 6 players on 200k a year? yeah right! Im sure there are some creative paymnet options but your comment is ridiculous!

Brisbane were the far superior team in every aspect of the game tonight and probably could have thumped us by 50 if they wanted too!

Reply #116743 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

Everything Kwest is saying I totally agree with!

Reply #116749 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

plus look at the atmosphere in the teams we looked like we just wonted the game over before we started. brisbane walked in the stadium joking with each other and looked like they're enjoying the game and working with each other.

Reply #116750 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

From an outsiders point of view, there has been zero chemistry evident on the team since day one this season.

And when chemistry is there it is usually very evident for all to see.

Reply #116751 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

maybe i should of threatened them with the moon hey issac

Reply #116761 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Statman, why do you think Brisbane could have thumped us by 50 if they wanted to? Do you think they felt sorry for us? If they could have thumped us by 50, they would have thumped us by more. Thats a stupid statement to make.

Reply #116769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I overheard one of the Brisbane players likening playing the sixers to playing against an ABA team EC. From what the guys on the bench were saying, I think they were taking things pretty easy once they had a bit of a margin. They probably could have beaten the suxers by much more than 50.

Reply #116774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oops. sixers, not suxers... although they did pretty much suck tonight.

Reply #116776 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

I was thinking they looked more like my social team...

Reply #116777 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I didn't notice them taking it easy. They looked like they were playing with the same intensity from beginning to end. The box scores for Brisbane for each quarter will confirm how even the scoring was throughout the game. In fact, the Sixers' highest scoring quarter was the last, only 6 points the difference. I suggest that the Bullets were playing just as hard in the end as they were in the beginning. Talk is one thing, action is another.

Reply #116781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When the 36ers play no defence for the whole game it's easy to see why Brisbane were such consistent scorers. 32, 34, 31 and 34 points for each quarter. Defence wins games. The sixers can't seem to do either.
Oh, and would it kill Smyth to put on the rookies when we are getting thumped. It's not like they can do much worse can they ? At least they're still young enough to have not picked up any bad habits that come from being a 36er yet i.e - Never shoot the ball from inside the arc, never pass the ball to someone who is likely to put up a shot from inside the arc, Do not play any form of defence, and finally always assume that all shots will drop, therefore making offensive rebounds completely unnecessary.

Reply #116789 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That was Division 1 against Division 2. Lost by 40 last week, 32 tonight on our home court and were lucky to keep it that close.

131 points equals tenth spot in the club's history for the most points given up to an opponent - that was in 1990 and 1984. Again, that's the first time in 16 years we've given up 131 or more points, and we did it at home.

Brisbane didn't play anyone more than 35 and a bit minutes. At times, they had their bench on and advanced their cause. When the league's top three point shooter is turning down open threes to run other plays, you start to wonder if they're using you as training bait.

If the team did any training this week against a press/trap, it didn't show tonight. If they didn't, and the Bullets are known to press, then I don't know what to say.

In the first half, I was actually reasonably enthused and applauded some decent play - the 36ers were even up at, 27-26, I think it was. Maher and Horvath were doing well.

But it just went downhill so quickly. Beat that press a few times and Joey would've called it off and tried something different, but we were so poor at getting through it. A woman near me sarcastically clapped the team at one point and said "great work, you actually got it over the half-way line!"

The 36ers are now 11th on the ladder. Second-last. Depressing.

Reply #116794 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

BTW, anonymous, which rookies would they play? After Sutton, we have Erik Burdon and Marcus Ng - putting them up against Ere would be tough.

Reply #116796 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

They are not 11th, they are equal 9th. You can't fit 3 teams on one line.

Reply #116798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe your right about the Rookies Isaac, but it would just be nice to see Smyth try something.... anything !!
Joey Wright was asked after the game if he felt any pity for Adelaide, and their poor form of late(or words to that effect) - The reply was fairly straight to the point - "No"

Reply #116800 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Watching it on TV probably wasn't as bad as watching in the flesh, but by God they looked bad. Everytime Brisbane scored we would cringe because we knew that a full-court press was coming and we just didn't look capable at all bringing it up the court.

Whilst everyone goes on about Cooper's shotblocking abilities, what I thought killed us was in the second where they kicked the lead out before half-time - there were about 4 or 5 lobs into the key which resulted in easy buckets for Bradtke/foul shots etc, with no pressure Sixers defence.

Oh, and Rychart made a point tonight I think!

Reply #116801 | Report this post

Tony Blair  
Years ago

EC take the rose coloured glasses of 11th means 11th. you might be on the same points as 2 other sides but the % puts them below.

the season sucks, the team sucks, the coach sucks.

Thank God for West Sydney or we could be looking at finishing last

Reply #116803 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

With just as many games left to play for all 3 of these teams, the ladder position will be dependant on how many wins/losses each of these can now get. The Sixers in my opinion have the toughest ride home and after the way they played last night, have no confidence whatsoever that they will make playoffs. Even being the better of these 3 teams still puts them in 9th position unless Singapore lose all their remaining games. On a brighter note, the Bullets have won the last 14 of their games, Adelaide is not the only team it beat. There is not a lot of shame in losing to a team like Brisbane. Even if the Sixers made playoffs, why prolong the agony any longer. I have never said this in previous years, but I want this season to come to an end sooner rather than later. Atleast I can then feel we are opening another chapter and working towards a better team next season. This season has already been too long for me.

Reply #116805 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Equal ninth. They are still second to last, it doesn't matter how you try and pretty it up.

Reply #116807 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Ec, you are nuts. Irrespective of where we end up finishing, Adelaide is clearly the second worst team in the league.

Reply #116808 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Mutley I agree with you. That can only mean one thing, you are just as nuts.

Reply #116811 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

5044 went to the game to witness that disgrace. What's worse, that thousands more watched it on Fox.

Reply #116813 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Speaks volumes for the dedication of basketball fans in Adelaide, 123abc.

Reply #116816 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Yes, Adelaide fans are dedicated and are the most knowledgable fans in the league. Carfino couldn't stop stating that.

The crowd came, but Adelaide never paid them back. Dissapointing effort by the Sixers. A reasonable fourth quarter however.

Reply #116820 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Brisbane played a physical full court press most of the game.Typical of Adelaide they let Brisbane walk the ball down court all night,only half way through the last quater they tried some extended D.

Time for a new coach i think.

Reply #116831 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

You Can't blame the fu@#in coach for lack of agression and pride,it is something that the players have to learn themselves, giving up those cheap WEAK fouls under the basketb is complete crap, if your going to fouls someone please dont let them get the ball up with a little fairy tap on their arm, hit them like you mean it for all times sake. The sooner this season is over the better, and we can hopefully look to the future of rebuilding the 36ers so that we can once again rise to one of the top teams in the league.

Reply #116832 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

EC - you claim my statement earlier in this thead is stupid - and then follow up with more or your incredibly one eyed and blinkered views - ever heard the statement about a pot and a kettle?

I stand by my statement that if Joey W felt so inclined he would have pushed his side to humiliate the sixers by a larger margin! Instead he ran his bench and had players passing up bread and butter plays to work on other areas of their offence!

Reply #116833 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

consider this EC

Sammy Mac no reall offensive damage to us 15 pts 2 quaters scoreless,

CJ 5 pts 2 scoreless quaters

Mick Hill 7pts 2 scoreless quaters

Boucher 2 pts 3 scoreless quaters,

they could have opened a can of whoop ass on us . they could have just turned it on and we would have been looking at 150+ but i think they looked to conserve there bodies and strength

considering those 5 players usually contribute shite loads more then that.

Reply #116836 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

correction 4 players, actually there 5th player was the press and our lack of training and coaching on how to combat it

Reply #116837 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

We were shouting at the TV for Smyth to run a press-breaker. You would think his highly touted assistant would have whispered in his ear at one stage:

"Yeah we better have Coops or Wheels coming up the middle coz Sammy Mac is gonna keep killing Ninja and Sutts".

The box-score is a joke because I can remember at least 3 occaisions of Ng coughing it up. The Copeland no-look pass to Timmons was the icing on the cake though!

Reply #116839 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

billups, you can ask the coach why:

(a) the team didn't play better against the press - there looked to be zero tactics out there.

(b) the 36ers didn't try pressuring the Bullets bringing up the ball more. Gibson is not an all-star guard and he often went unpressured.

Reply #116852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I just couldnt believe that we would shoot a foul shot, then they would run down and get a layup before we got back, and the only one contesting the layup would be the guy who took the foul shot. I was tearing my hair out.

Reply #116876 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

how many people going to last nights game knew the bullets would press us. just wondering how much work phil did on this before going into the game.

Reply #116878 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

i think most ppl would have expected the press, i know the guys i go to the games with were discussing it during the week and before the game,

Reply #116881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Libertine, if the ball slips out of your hands and you get it back without the defence getting it it's NOT a turnover. Well done to Darren for not dropping his head and still going after the ball unlike most of the others.

Reply #116924 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Regarding the size of the crowd - could be that fans just wanted to see a team play some good basketball for once. The Bullets.

Also, happened to come across a few of the Bullets players on Friday after the cricket at the Archer (all drinking water, of course) and they had a bit to say on one Willie Farley. The players shall remain anonymous, but they thought the injury was suspect and commented that he was the worst import they had played with due to his complete lack of defence and his attitude.

Reply #116946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To answer the original question the game was at 7pm, as is this Saturday's match against Melbourne

Reply #116949 | Report this post

Tce44  
Years ago

'Also, happened to come across a few of the Bullets players on Friday after the cricket at the Archer (all drinking water, of course) and they had a bit to say on one Willie Farley. The players shall remain anonymous, but they thought the injury was suspect and commented that he was the worst import they had played with due to his complete lack of defence and his attitude. '

So if they have played with Willie, that means it was either Dusty or Sammy Mac..

Reply #116951 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Good observation Tce44 - I won't divulge who the player was! He was fairly open with his opinions though!

Reply #117177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Darren Ng - 0 turnovers.. great effort!

Reply #117195 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:05 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754