Back 2 School
Years ago

Coaches Development

How often does BSA run coaching courses???

I know they have just finished doing the level 1, but im interested in the level 2 course.

Are they only run once a year or more often?? Does it depend on Senior coaches availabilty or only when BSA want to run them.

Also if they only run them once a year here is SA is there communication between states when it come to these type of courses that coaches can travel interstate??

Topic #10228 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also, for those that have done level 2, where is there to go from that?

Reply #117185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Level III

Reply #117204 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

There are coaching clinics run from various people, not so much courses where you get accredited, but these can be very good, keep your ears out and you hear about them from other coaches or club etc. You don't need much more than level 2, I believe there is a level 3, but don't know of many with it (I don't mean you stop learning, I mean in terms of certification, you always keep learning).

Also there is an enormous ammount of dvds and books that you can get ideas from, go to a library and search, or use the internet, I have a lot of Human Kinetics ones and Championship Productions, they are a good start, I think SASI has a library too, they have dvds of study tours and other dvds from various sources.

If all else fails ask a more "senior" coach at your club and they may have some tools for you to borrow, most coaches that have been around a while would have their own library, I have one but always look at building it. They may also know of clinics etc.

Hope that helps.

Reply #117208 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Which apparently SA haven't run courses on for 10 yrs or something - need to go interstate to do L3.

Reply #117214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not that certification means much. It doesn't set you up for higher positions, merely gives you something to learn from.

Reply #117226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It does if ur trying to into State or National Programs like ITCP, AIS or along those lines.

Reply #117255 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

Is that you Phil ???

Damn I can't believe I was the first...:)

Reply #117268 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:48 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754