Anonymous
Years ago

Who would you sign?

Ok, not sure the details but say Maher is asking for $200k next season.
Say also, you have Newley, Ingles, Schenscher all willing to play for $200k.

You can only choose one of the above.

Who would u choose and why? We all love Maher and want him to stay, but when do we decide that we can spend that money better on another player?

Topic #10281 | Report this topic

thomo  
Years ago

ingles has another year with the dragons ? and i would think luke would stay OS wethers thats EU or US
newley i think will go nba, but i would look at him out of that list u have given

Reply #118055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tough one. You would probably have to go with Newley under the hypothetical. However luke would be a good 15 and 10 player for many yrs to come along with a big man FG%age and ability to have a big presence defensively.

Ingles would be my third choice.... I would want to see how goes in his second season before paying him that kind of cash.

Unfortunately I cannot see any of the above happening.

Reply #118058 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I wouldn't pay Newley or Ingles $200k. Newley maybe $150k and Ingles maybe $100, but probably not more.

For a $200k spend, you would keep Maher (strong brand, will retain season ticket holders) or try to lure Schenscher.

Now, my question to someone yesterday - say Maher/Hill was similar in cost to Newley/Damien Ryan - which combo would you take? (I favoured Newley and Ryan).

Reply #118072 | Report this post

mp  
Years ago

I think Brendan Mann would be a solid pick up, he is back in
Adelaide, see how he goes over the ABA season.

If Maher stays, it would be good to have a good backup PG, if Maher doesn't stay, it would still be good to have a decent ball handler at that position that can also shoot. He wouldnt be pushed off the ball as easily as Darren Ng.

Reply #118075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Newley maybe $150k and Ingles maybe $100

Isaac, I think Ingles WAS only offered $100 to play here....

Reply #118076 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

OK, I forgot a "k". Perhaps we can offer him a spot in the rotation ahead of Nash this time.

Reply #118078 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Yea very good question about Maher/Hill or Newley/Ryan, if they came at rhe same price as Maher/Hill and where on say 3 year contracts, and looking to stay long term id probably take Newley/Ryan too, but having said that in the short term if only on 1 or 2 year contracts id take Maher/Hill as Maher has been the Heart and Soul of the 36ers for many years and is still the best player out of the 4 we are mentioning here. Very tough choice!

Reply #118079 | Report this post

TMATD  
Years ago

"Now, my question to someone yesterday - say Maher/Hill was similar in cost to Newley/Damien Ryan - which combo would you take?"

As I said yesterday Newley/Ryan

Reply #118080 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

Really Isaac you think Ryan McKee has that much potential?

Reply #118083 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Well, I know that he pushes your button.

Reply #118084 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

I would sign-up this team:

Maher
NEWLEY
SAVILLE
ABNEY
PEPPER

KERSTEN
Hill
Mastrovich
Nash
Cooper

Reply #118118 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

your dreamin the journo, then again we could go beyond the cap like our owners other club does.

We could offer them all free child care as well!

Reply #118120 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Why is it dreaming DrB?

The benchies should get paid what they're deserved.

Plus I think the starters would agree to a little less for a guaranteed team like that one I mentioned above?

I dodnt work it out, but I think its also ok points wise too

Reply #118139 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

C: Cooper/Vasiljevic
PF: Horvath/Cullen
SF: Tucker or Ellis/Majstro(with limited minutes, cant find another SF)
SG: Mee/Ng/Hill
PG: Maher/Sutton

i was hoping for boody but appartly hes still signed, i think shad tucker would be a perfect fit for us as a small fwd/point fwd.

The NBL doesnt list Geordie Cullen, have u heard anything more on him Isaac?

Reply #118146 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

oh and yeah the reason i still included Pero is because Smyth MUST GO, yes i know that probably wont happen. lol

Reply #118149 | Report this post

MR. Anti Tucker  
Years ago

Rashad Tucker is simply the WORST choice as an Adelaide import! Ive heard his name through the grapevine and wasnt going to say anything as id hate to put bad Karma into the basketball world, but since his name has been mentioned....NO WAY WOULD I PAY FOR A SEASON TICKET if Tucker is the 'answer'.

Cant shoot, is turnover prone, his style is generally erratic and is lucky he is playing on a unselfish team that cover his many floors. Plus his 'game face' is so ugly haha

Ok...now i've got that off my chest...whats for dinner mum?

Reply #118161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All you adelaide folk should stop thinking about trying to sign great players who are already happy were they are.. look to the future of SA basketball..you've already let two SA boys go who right now could be playing for you..? newls & joey...

How about not making the same mistake again.. At the momment thers only one SA boy at the tute (Shannon Seebolhm) but has he been spoken to about coming to the Sixer's next season..? probably not!

Yeh get experienced players BUT get some young talent which you can bulid around.. think ahead not just for next season.. Come on sixers act now!

Reply #118188 | Report this post

Dribbler  
Years ago

xztatik, just curious as to why you would have Mee as S.G & Maher as P.G, not the other way around?

Reply #118195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SIGN SAVILLE GIVE HIM WHATEVER HE ASKS FOR AND START BUILDING A TEAM OF PLAYERS NOT PENSIONERS

Reply #118203 | Report this post

skink  
Years ago

Brett maher is a must,a key import is needed some one big like ballinger.forget newley.abney would be good,and a good sa devolpment player.forget schensher,he is not a key player and that is what the 6ers need.sure he is big and gets boards but that is it.and to the anti tucker fan. he averages 14 and 8 this season.inconsistant,yeah write.

Reply #118207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tucker is alrite.. but what the Sixers need is an import who consistently scores 20+pts, 10 rebounds (forward or centre) or 20+ pts, 7 assists (guard)..

not someone who will only average 14ppg

Reply #118210 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Tucker only averages 14 pts per game because of all the other scorers on the Tigers..
If he was a focal point of the offence he would average 20 per easily.

Reply #118252 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What have Adelaide's problems been this year? Defense, consistency, effort - would Tucker solve those problems? Not convinced.

Reply #118255 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:31 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754