Isaac
Years ago

Farley in, Wheeler out for tonight

Sounds like Farley, assuming his ankle injury didn't flare up on the flight over, will suit tonight against the Dragons.

I think Timmons may sit out the next two games (back complaint) Wheeler will so that the team can play Farley.

The 36ers need to win both of their remaining games to avoid the club record for least wins in a season. The best they can manage is to equal the team's worst finishing position (ninth) but could finish 10th or 11th depending on theirs and other results.

Tips for tonight?

Update: Wheeler is out - calf problem again, physio advising that he should skip the game as a precaution.

Topic #10299 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Dragons by 22.

Reply #118281 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Sixers by 8

Reply #118284 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Dragons by 16 - Ingles to drop 27 on 5 of 8 from three point land.

Reply #118286 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dragons by 50

Reply #118287 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Can someone please kick Mark Nash in the shins so he can be the one sent to injury waivers?

Mark Nash - DNP Too scared.

Reply #118288 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

6ers by 8

Reply #118290 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Dragons by 15

Reply #118304 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

That's great. I just hope he can play Friday night. There is nothing left to cheer for this season, so I would love to see Farley out there one last time.

Reply #118306 | Report this post

CAMPBELL  
Years ago

dont reckn we'llwin but i just want us to play with some heart and passion... not to much to ask is it?

unfortunately dragons by 5

Reply #118323 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

See update to original post - Timmons is in, Wheeler is the one who will miss the game (and presumably Friday's game also).

Reply #118324 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Agreed DC, but at this point we have to watch him for another year at least!

Reply #118347 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Thats a bit harsh DC - From what I have seen of Nash he does give his all whenever he plays. Its not his fault that the coach gives him a starting role and lots of court time when his form doesnt seem to warrant it - of course he will take the minutes and do the best he can. Rather than hang crap on Nashy for not being up to standard this year I think the finger needs to be pointed at the ones continually putting him in the games hoping for him to produce some great form.
IMO he is one of the guys that is trying his best every week and playing as hard as he can....unfortunately though his skills are no longer seem up to the level required for NBL.

Reply #118348 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

You make some good points Statman. Nashy is probably decent enough to know he hasn't set the world alight this year, but what's a guy to do when he gets playing time in the game he loves?
Lets point the finger at Phil again. Unfortunately, the majority of the finger pointing at Phil seems to be justified

Reply #118353 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I don't think most people's objections to Nash are personal, as he's pretty obviously a great bloke. But basketball speaking, these days, he is useless.

Reply #118361 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Wheeler.........."physio advising that he should skip the game as a precaution." Precaution to what? Perhaps his health so he can be fit to play the grand final, haha. The season is over. Hasn't anyone told his physio that.

Reply #118420 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Nash needs the minutes because there's not many players left to share it with. At any given time this season it seems we have been down 2 or 3 players consistently. We have had a skeleton team all this season and the results have been obvious.

Reply #118423 | Report this post

raytri  
Years ago

EC I don't believe that Nash gets the minutes because the team is down on players. He seems to get the same minutes whether we have a full team or not. He is obviously paid as a performance player with a certain number of minutes each week and gets them no matter what. He should never have been signed for two years.

Reply #118514 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:51 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754