Anonymous
Years ago

Eagles sign Kane Oakley

A reliable source had told me that Forestville has signed Cairns Taipans Forward Kane Oakley for the ABL season.

Huge pick-up by the Eagles if this is true.. his name was mentioned a few times by the guys on 'Talking Hoops' on Tuesday night as a possible back-up 4 man for the 6ers, could this be a reason for his move?

Topic #10330 | Report this topic

Jonno  
Years ago

WOW good pick up by Forestville, yea i think he would be a handy back up for the 36ers, is a big guy who plays hard, which is what they need!

Reply #118699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That would be big for Forestville if it's true, there was going to be a big hole in that team with Dix retiring. Makes for an even more interesting competition this year, the more high calibre players in the central abl the better I say!

Reply #118702 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Do people think say Majstrovich and Oakley would make a good back up forward tandem??? i reckon they would do ok aslong as they are not expected to be starters and put up big numbers every night

Reply #118703 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

Both are potential to be developed and utilised.

Reply #118706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can someone confirm this pickup?

Reply #118730 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

abl will be more fun to watch than the sixers this season.

Reply #118764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oakley got carved up tonight by Horvath.

Reply #118813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually if you were at the game tonight Horvath was matching up on Smith and Owens, Smith got benched soon after he got on as he couldn't stop Horvath. Oakley was their 4 man and was on Timmo for a bit then Coops mostly.

Cairns shooting percentage was shit tonight, Stewie, who stuck the dagger in us in the final last year shot 2 from 10 @ 20%. Thats what killed the snakes but the 36ers did well and showed some heart tonight, good turn out too.

Reply #118817 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

"Can someone confirm this pickup?"

Not confirmed but Nagy said that he might sign with the Eagles in todays article in the advertiser

Reply #118835 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:28 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754