Johnny Sack
Years ago

2nd Half Roughies... For the NBA Playoffs...

MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

I am going to preface this by stating that i am heavily biased - but... The Wolves are my pick for this... They have a good combination of youth and experience... KG is is KG - for better or worse... Mark Blount gives them a quality (if erratic - but he seems to be more consistent of late) C for the first time ever... McCants is back - a guy who has the potential to be a scoring machine - and he has a winning mongrel attitude... Foye and Smith could go down as the best 1 + 2 picks (in one draft) in the team's history... Davis can have his big moments... Unfortunately PG is a problem - hence there is a lot of pressure on Foye (James hasn't been the answer, Jaric and Hudson - no comment)... I am also mystified by Bracey Wright's DNPCDs - since i think he could be a potential Salim Stoudamire type... i am guessing that he's in the coaches doghouse...

This team has had some internal issues no doubt - but i think they are shaping up as a potential nightmare 1st round matchup... They had a very strong streak after the new year and they have had some very strong results (interspersed with rubbish) in recent times... I think the Casey's leaving, McCant's return and Foye surprising could be the catalyst for a big change in this teams fortunes.

Any other thoughts on post-ASG roughies???

Topic #10443 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

No roughie, but dallas is gonna win it.

Reply #120104 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

Before the mavs can win theyll have to get through the pistons, they cud blow us away but im sure the pistons will make the finals this year. 3 outta the past 4. BRING IT ON

Reply #120107 | Report this post

Surmdog  
Years ago

Dallas has to get through the pistons thats makes me laugh.
i think Dallas might have to get through 3 other playoff series before they play a team from the East.

Reply #120120 | Report this post

surmdog,
you wouldnt know what your talking about if it fell and landed on your lap. just reading every comment you make on this site makes me laugh

Reply #120125 | Report this post

Surmdog  
Years ago

Butcher of the 5 Knobs.

Yeah i no nothing about NBA
Lucky for me my money is on Detroit to win the East and Dallas to win the championship. Gee that was a lucky guess at the start of the season.

im glad you laugh at my comments some are ment to be funny.
Did ya laugh when i posted the allstar teams or the Allstar weekend Foxtel Schedule.
That was Classic mate funniest post ive ever done.
keep up the good work mate, you do know everyone is laughing at the Butcher of the 5 Knobs.

Why dont you start a thread ya mess,
at least make a comment worth reading about ya stiff.

Reply #120128 | Report this post

surmdog,

hook, line and sinker.

Reply #120149 | Report this post

Surmdog  
Years ago

Butcher of the 5 Knobs.

Dont dwell over it mate,
Theres plenty more fish in the sea youll catch one someday.

Try think of something worth posting next time. Rex

Reply #120150 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:31 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754