Spadge
Years ago

should there be a break between seasons

should there be 1 or 2 week break between summer and winter

there are several games this weekend that have been shifted because there was a black out at marion last night and now there wil be grand finals played when week one i supposed to start

Topic #10522 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

There would have been a break but as this weekend was suppose to be played last weekend. It was moved because of the heat. They can't predict everything can they? Only way out is to play junior basketball for 9 months of the year. As it was when first started. Now I'm showing my age!

Reply #121142 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

so what do u think they will do with round one make it a catch up game???

Reply #121144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Probably play the final on the Sunday after the teams have played round 1 on the Friday night or the Saturday morning is what they have done in the past when this has happened?

Reply #121149 | Report this post

Unit  
Years ago

I beleive the grand finals for the teams that were affected by the black out lastnight will be played Sunday next week. So round 1 will be played as normal.

Reply #121150 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

what about players that are needing clearences they will miss out on thier round one game will they

Reply #121153 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

They could miss 4 games as clearances can take up to 4 weeks.

Reply #121161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its agreed, only break needed is between posts by Spadge!

Reply #121187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well the weather for friday is expected to be 40 degrees so you may get a break yet.

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDS10034.shtml

Reply #121194 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

What league are we talking about here?

Reply #121197 | Report this post

been around  
Years ago

brad hill had a mid season break

Reply #121205 | Report this post

been around  
Years ago

Monday Fine. Mostly sunny. Min 16 Max 30
Tuesday Fine. Sunny. Min 17 Max 32
Wednesday Dry. High cloud. Min 18 Max 34
Thursday Dry. High cloud. Min 22 Max 37
Friday Dry. Late change. Min 25 Max 40
Saturday Mainly dry. Min 25 Max 35

Reply #121206 | Report this post

Mrs Jones  
Years ago

Spadge - I really think you should give it a rest now - you have a big week at school next week - learning the three R's reading, riting and rithmetic

Mrs Jones

Reply #121208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spadge - I really think you should give it a rest now - you have a big week at school next week - learning the three R's reading, riting and rithmetic

Mrs Jones

You have problems seriously ive said many times that ive been around basketball for 15 years and i had a 5 year break so maybe it is you who needs tho learn at least one of your 3 R's

Reply #121212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so the gf's look like being pushed even further back gees

Reply #121213 | Report this post

spadge  
Years ago

These games will now be played on Sunday February 23, at the same time and venue that the grand finals for their respective grades would otherwise have been played. The grand finals for these grades will now be played in the afternoon of the following Sunday, at a time/venue to be announced on Monday.

from sportingpulse but nothing about round 1

Reply #121216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love your work Spadge, Please keep it up; you have provided so many posting special moments this weekend, it has been very funny reading indeed.

Your ego must be bulletproof.

You go girl!

Reply #121237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will next weekends games be played or will they be play at another time due to the expected hot weather? Does anybody have any idea what is going to happan?

Reply #121256 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

as far as i know the gfs might be move because of hot weather

and players that are moving to other clubs will have permission to play for both club that week

Reply #121270 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Latest weather update for the rest of the week

Wednesday Min 18 Max 34
Thursday Min 18 Max 34
Friday Min 20 Max 37
Saturday Min 18 Max 28
Sunday Min 18 Max 26
Monday Min 15 Max 28

Not as hot as earlier expected

Reply #121528 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:29 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754