Ben Palk
Years ago

PAOCBC looking for Senior Mens players

G'day,

Prince Alfred Old Collegians Basketball Club (Old Reds) are looking for players.

We are looking for Senior Men's basketballers (18 years and over) to come join our successful and fun Basketball Club. We currently have 40+ people playing for us in a variety of different competitions. At the moment we run 4 teams in the social competition at Mars Sporting Complex on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday night. This winter we will also be running 4 to 5 teams in the SA Church Basketball Competition in differing grades - last year we had 2 squads in A Grade down through to lower divisions. We cater to all kinds of different skill levels (current/former district players to the weekend hacker) and all ages (the youngest lads in the club are 18 and some of the older blokes are pushing 40 & we have 1 50+ guy).

We train on Tuesday nights from 6.00pm - 8.30pm at the PAC gym. It is a good opportunity to have a run, do some light drills and run scrimmages.

We also enjoy a "healthy" social calendar with a Rookie's Pub Night, Pub Crawl, Players' Player Awards Dinner, End of Season Lunch and other sporadic social gatherings.

It is a fun and accepting club, it is a good chance to play some ball in a nice casual environment. Basically you can take it as seriously as you want  you can play some high level competitive basketball or you can have a social midweek run with a few of the lads.

Fees are $100 per year if you are working and $80 if you are not or a student. With that you also get a uniform, training, all registration fees paid and social function paid for (not including beer). Fees lower by $20 after your first year (just higher for the first year so we can provide you with a uniform)

Check out our website www.paocbc.com - bit rudimentary but you get the picture.

Please note you don't need to be an Old Scholar to join, we just play under the banner of the Old Scholars Association.

I am the President of the club, you can contact me, Ben Palk on 0405 249 794 or [email protected] if you are keen - look forward to hearing from you.

Topic #10626 | Report this topic

Zomby  
Years ago

I eat brains.

Good club, have had many tough battles against PAOCBC teams.

Reply #122853 | Report this post

jamie alaka  
Years ago

top of the day to you sir/ma,am a very good player,samll farword,i play in the premier league in my country am really ready to play outside profetionaly am 6f5in tall 82kg,am ready to come over all need is your acceptance please i will be very greatful.
yours jamie

Reply #142509 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:54 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754