Bizzy
Years ago

Schenshcer to Sixers & Hill update

Just saw on Channel 7 news about Brad Hill who is having trouble with nerve damage to his shoulder but is hopeful to be back in a Sixers uniform next season.

Also said that the Sixers were confident they will lock up big Schensch for the coming season....

Topic #10670 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not that confident..I'll believe it when it happens

Reply #123510 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

not good about hill

but big positive if luke works out

Reply #123511 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

I didnt think the Sixers wanted Hill back. Also thought, Hill wanted out too...

Luke, although very unlikely, would make the 36ers a instant title contender. Atleast it was on the news, and not just some random rumor someone heard at the pub!

Reply #123521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hill will be lucky to play again anywhere due to the complication with the nerve damage

Reply #123522 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

just curious, if brad never plays again would he have a case to sue(abney or league)for future earnings?

Reply #123523 | Report this post

fess  
Years ago

mmmm on seven news makes it doubtful for a start,biggest beat up of stories always on there.confident of locking up means they probably said hello to him

Reply #123528 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

This would be awesome if we got Luke but would really show if Phil is stuck in his ways, last season Horvath was IMO way to under-used as the sixers didnt look to feed the post too much and with our 1-2 punch guard line-up of Brett and Farley not as potent as in the past I thought Phil would have seen that he had to change things up. If we do get luke and he doesnt average 20-25 points with our plays running through him I will for the first time in my life be embarassed of our team, so if we do get him, pleasde use him tp his max potential.

Reply #123529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Booga, no way could Hill sue anyone. Only way he could financially gain from this, would be if he had insured his body. Sounds a bit weird, but it happens!

Reply #123532 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

from what i have heard is that Schensh was hoping to play NBA or Europe but i haven't really been in contact much over the last year.

It would be awesome if it was true but i doubt it will happen.

If this works out then Well Done to Hemmerling!!!

Reply #123535 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I dont think Schenshcer would average 20-25 even if he did get the ball lots. I think 15-20 is more realistic. His never been a scoring machine before and doubt he would do it in the NBL at this early stage in his career.

Reply #123541 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

He'd be one heck of a defensive presence inside though, and you'd expect him to change shots and grab 15 boards a game.

Reply #123553 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I agree Kingjames, I would expect something in the 15-20 range. He's still a work in progress and doesn't have a more complete Bogut style game. I think we're perhaps getting a little too excited about him, he could be a player to build around in the future but I don't think he's going to come in and start kicking arse from the get go.

Ben Pepper got drafted to the NBA in 98 (I think) and while he didn't ever log in minutes I think he's a reasonable comparison to someone already in the league. He's not a Bradtke. I'd expect 15 and 10 from him in his first season and be chuffed if he produced more than that.

Reply #123560 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

If this were true:

C Shenshcer
PF Import (Ballinger or Horvath?)
SF Import
SG Maher
PG Davidosn

Should Davidson be a starting PG? Should we get an import that is a SG or PG?

Reply #123565 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Whoever the Sixers sign up for next season, they need to use Brisbane as a bench mark. Anything less and they will be wasting their money. With Brisbane looking to sign up the same team next season (perhaps with the exception of Bradtke), we already know what to expect and how much we have to do to stand a chance against them.

Reply #123588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

EC.....Stephen Black is rumoured to be on the move aswell!!

Reply #123593 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

A realistic Sixers team that could win the championship. (As long as they spend up to and over the cap like most others.)

C L.Schenscher
F A.Ballinger
F B.Newley
G B.Maher
G C.Groves
---
C D.Cooper
F P.Vasiljevic
F B.Hill
G M.Sutton
G B.Davidson

Yes they are played a little out of their spots but this is both possible and a winning team.

Sixers V Bullets

Schensh V Ere

Ballinger V Rychart

Newley V McKinnon

Maher V Black

Groves V Bruton

Cooper V Bradtke

Sutton V Gibson

Davidson V Hill

Hill V Williamson

Vasiljevic V Boucher

Sixers could beat the Bullets and would have greater height and possibly defence.

Height:

Schensh, Ballinger, Cooper, Pero

3pt ability: Maher, Sutton, Davidson, Newley, Hill, Ballinger (bits), Groves (?)

Driving ability: Groves, Maher, Hill

Defence: Davidson, Groves, Cooper, Schensch

Get the ball up the court: Groves, Sutton, Maher, Hill, Davison

Do you think it is possible?

Reply #123607 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

C L.Schenscher 10
F A.Ballinger 10
F B.Newley 10
G B.Maher 5
G C.Groves 10
---
C D.Cooper 6
F P.Vasiljevic 8
F B.Hill 1
G M.Sutton 3
G B.Davidson 8

45+26=71 pts...
i suppose this isn't possible...

Let's have a look at Brisbane...

C Ere 10
F Rychart 10
F McKinnon 10
G Black 9
G Bruton 10
--
C Bradtke 7
F Boucher 5
F Hill 5
G Williamson 1
G Gibson 1

= 68 pts

That would be 2 points over...
How did they get it so low with all those good players?

Reply #123608 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Dont believe all you hear EC - I would exoect to see a vastly different Brisbane side next year....the new team down the road have a few players in their sights already and also a few from the Hawks

Reply #123609 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

abc, i think bradtke took his internal rating to brisbane similar with copeland to us,

some one like stephon or isaac could confirm this ?

Reply #123615 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

123, has been said a tonne of times but they're not going to get Pero.

thomo, yes, Bradtke is able to transfer is loyalty deduction wherever he goes. Saville is the big one this year - can carry his rating of 5 to another team AFAIK.

Reply #123619 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

I agree Isaac - from what I have been told Sav will be a 5 max player if he decides to change clubs

Hence he would be a great recruit for any club......especially a new one trying to build a team from nothing

Im sure he would make a great captain for any such new team too ;)

Reply #123620 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No surprise there, eh?

Hawks will start John Philip next season at this rate.

Reply #123623 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

have heard the saville to GC rumour as well

Reply #123625 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

are the Sixers after him? Could solve there SF troubles...

C Schenscher/Cooper
F Ballinger/???
F Saville/???
G Maher/Hill
G Groves/Davidson/Sutton

Reply #123626 | Report this post

Reign  
Years ago

It's good news that Brad Hill will hopefully be alright for the next season and Schenser coming if it's true will be awesome for the club :)

Reply #124039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've heard along the grapevine that Channel 9 will be doing a big exclusive in regards to this in the next week or so. So stay tuned to the news.

Reply #125178 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:05 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754