123abc
Years ago

Canadian league sets sights on Rick Burton

NATIONAL Basketball League Commissioner Rick Burton is on a short list of three candidates for the Canadian Football League's vacant commissioner role.

Burton, who has been running the NBL since 2003, is the only American on the short list.
His elderly parents live in Newfoundland. Despite repeated attempts to reach him on the Batphone, the Commish was unavailable for comment last night.

Evidently he is in the U.S.

More Around the NBL: http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,21464474-5006371,00.html

Topic #10922 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Is he running the NBL or looking for a better job?

Reply #126624 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Hmmm.. in the "U.S" ? A quick trip over the Border into Mounty Country and he's gone like Kaiser Solze.

Who would replace him here ? Not "Gee Shucks" Chuck Harmison i hope !!!

Reply #126628 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Eddy Groves - he would change league rules so he could own EVERY team.

Reply #126668 | Report this post

Lance Storm  
Years ago

The new commissioner of the CFL was announced today and it was not Rick Burton. Burton was the front runner for the job according to the TV and newspapers in Canada.

Reply #126677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He must have told them of the great job he has done in Australia.

I did notice when Brisbane won the grand final he seemed to want to be in every photo that was being taken. Maybe he wanted to be remembered when he left for Canada or maybe we can ship him off to NZNBL???

Reply #126795 | Report this post

The Worm  
Years ago

I heard Shane Heal is looking at shafting someone else out of their job!!!!

Reply #126898 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:05 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754