Anonymous
Years ago

Sixers Backcourt.....

What is everyones thoughts on the 36ers guards? Personally I think we will struggle with Maher the only notable player!!

Topic #10925 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Wasn't Davidson playing for Australia just last year?

Reply #126642 | Report this post

Cameron crazy  
Years ago

IIRC he did in the Comm games team.

Reply #126645 | Report this post

smitty12  
Years ago

i reckon Davidson will be a good role player at finding the open player and/or giving the ball to the player with the hot hands and even knocking down the open shot (Singapore v Crocs finals game), but would definitely prefer someone who would be more damaging and demand more attention from the opposition.

Reply #126647 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Davidson is no superstar but he'll give you 30-35 quality minutes a night. He'll be solid if not spectacular. I'll happily take that from a PG.

The Sutton-Ng bench is an unspectacular one.

Reply #126648 | Report this post

smitty12  
Years ago

i agree Jasmine. still would like someone in the backcourt to demand that extra attention though. and the bench does not look deep, or exciting. A Kersten, Gerlach or E Burdon would be exciting and promising...

is that why D Ng is running the point at Sturt - just for the Sixers' sake...?!?

Reply #126650 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

The bench of Sutton and Ng may not be a very spectacular one but it is one that can be developed and has a bright future.

Reply #126651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would Newley solve this problem??

Reply #126653 | Report this post

smitty12  
Years ago

so you'd take Ng & Sutton as a future over a future of either Kersten, Gerlach or E Burdon?!?!

Reply #126655 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

No id much rather have a bench of Sutton, Kersten and Ng. Can't say much for Gerlach as i havent seen him that much but have heard he is a promising player. As for E.Burdon i think there are many other players i would like to see in a sixers singlet right now over him.

Question for Smitty12. What style of player is Gerlach? havent heard a great deal about him

Reply #126658 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

He's a gun. A shooter that can get to the basket, play anywhere from the 1 spot to the 3 spot, and has long arms and good hands on defence. A smoothe player, looks effortless for him out there

Reply #126660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love how all these guys that are running well in the CABL are hyped here. Remember when Ng was shooting 30ppg? He might also have won a Wallcott.

Reply #126665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lockstock, you are either his mum or dad or talking about yourself.

Reply #126666 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

From what Lockstocks said he could be a great fit for the sixers. A versatile player that is a great defender!

Reply #126682 | Report this post

smitty12  
Years ago

Snake is a hard worker that's for sure. can shoot, play D and AWEFULLY hard to guard off the dribble. is very difficult to stop in O and tends to get a few steals and blocks too. And when he does, you never hear the end of it. HAHA.

Reply #126683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

126666 - you can't know much re decent SA hoops if you think Lockstock is B Gerlach

Reply #126684 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

From what I heard a while back, Gerlach was able to hold his own at 36ers trainings more than just make up the numbers. Always reminded me of Clint Reed from the Pigs as a bit of an all-rounder.

If the 36ers don't have a spot for him, he should get Belly to shop him around and see if any clubs bite.

Reply #126686 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

No, I was B Gerlach's whipping boy for a short time

Reply #126690 | Report this post

smitty12  
Years ago

i think brad's luck would be elswhere if the 36ers have Maher, Davidson, Sutton & Ng already. I hope he gets an NBL gig - and definitely somewhere where he'll be given a chance to show what he really can do...he's just gotta stay healthy and hope his knee problems go away. an absolute gun baller, and top bloke too!!

Reply #126691 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Is he playing ABA?

Reply #126700 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Yep, for Southern. So far in about 36 mins a game he is averaging 17 pts, 3 assists and 7 rebs, which points wise, is pretty quiet for him. I'd expect those numbers to lift over 20 points and 4-5 assists as the season goes on and he finds his feet again

Reply #126728 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:58 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754