Keefy
Years ago

Matt McQuade's Season Review

Up on the NBL site today is a review of the 06-07 Season of the 6ers.

http://www.nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=4865

WHAT THEY NEED FOR 2007/08
One, an injection of youth and speed. Two, some guys prepared to put their bodies on the line night in, night out. Three, a couple of hardcore defensive-minded role players wouldn't go astray.

A couple he says, how about pretty much a whole team that can play some pretty hardcore defence.

He also gives a player by player breakdown

Topic #10932 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I reckon this was a good write up. Pointed out what most forum users had been saying all year.

Reply #126804 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

To push this thread along a bit, I'm going to requote this:

One, an injection of youth and speed. Two, some guys prepared to put their bodies on the line night in, night out. Three, a couple of hardcore defensive-minded role players wouldn't go astray.
How do people think we're going in addressing those items?

Reply #126805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Considering Davidson is the only new signing.......cr@p!!!

Reply #126807 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Who would be the better defenders playing ABL this year??
Is there anyone worth putting in the squad just for defensive intensity??
I know it is a different level/league, but I mean someone that will come off the bench and just hound whoever is scoring or distributing at the time...get right in his face for 10 minute spells...

Reply #126811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Davidson is that kind of player......thats why Phil has signed him!! Other than him, we have no one with the qualities Mcquade was suggesting that we didnt have last year!!

Reply #126838 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I know Davidson plays like that, I am talkin ABl, a young guy to put in the squad as an in your shorts defender...

Reply #126839 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Would you support Copeland going around again?

Reply #126844 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

It would depend on who else we sign as to whether I would support Copes.
If the team is fairly young then I would say yes. If we happen to sign a couple of over 30yo's I would probably say no.

Reply #126846 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I think Copes was one of the few to show a bit of passion last year personally I would be very happy to see him out there again...just maybe not have the green light 24/7.
Surely his experience is worth keeping around and trying to pass on to Ng, Sutton etc.

Reply #126847 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

skip,

This is just a question (keep in mind, im in perth and only saw 2 games live) surely Copes is either good enough or not, whilst age is an issue...will he be a benefit to the team?

Reply #126848 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would support Copeland going another year. Just not 25minutes a game. I think he was good for the team. If he played more like 10minutes a game and 15 if he was on song then I'd be happy

Reply #126851 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

Wouldn't it be nice to find someone like a Peter Ali or Darren Lucas hiding under a rock somewhere to play that hard, in your face defence for long periods in a game

Reply #126853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No to Copeland!! How could you even suggest such a thing Isaac?? Copeland's D is worse than Willie's was and his shot selection......ohhh my god!! Way past his best in my opinion, would rather see the time and money spent on the development of a youngster!!

Reply #126856 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Because it wouldn't surprise me to see him go around again or at least get himself a coaching spot or another position within the club. I'm only going on Phil's statement last year about Copeland having some kind of role in the future.

Free agent pool is drying up and if they miss the local stars, it's going to be a challenging scenario.

Reply #126866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You are right, the free agents list is drying up!! Sounds a lot like last year doesnt it Isaac?? At this rate we will be signing all the old fellas again!! Personally, I think Phil has invested too much time in players that are more than likely never to play here in the next couple of years!!

Reply #126892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not Copeland, please!

That's just as bad as having Nash in our team!

Reply #126897 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:27 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754