Clint
Years ago

All-Time Undersized Starting Five....

I always wonder about different situations like, all-time starting five lefties, or all-time starting five oversized players....so here is my "All Time Undersized Starting Five"....as follows.

1.point guard: Calvin Murphy (At 5'9", he was quite formidable. Scored a lot and one of the best FT shooters ever)

2. shooting guard: Allen Iverson (At a stretch, 6'0", but played a position and dominated now for 10 years against guys 5 to 7 inches taller)

3. Small Forward Adrian Dantley (6'4" or so, unstoppable scoring machine. Barkley gives him credit for influencing his game)

4. Power Forward Charles Barkley (Had no buisness playing b-ball, looked like a LB in the NFL. 6'4" and some change. Great rebounder and scorer.)

5. Center Tough one here, but I say Wes Unseld(6'7" maybe, but dominated the boards. won an MVP and an NBA title. Great outlet passer too.)

Let me know what you think.....

Topic #11027 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pg- Muggsy Bogues, now that is undersized and an absolute gun!!

Reply #127935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Barkley is actually 6 foot 6 inches.

Reply #127936 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

PG- muggsy
SG- ehlo
SF- ?
PF- barkley
C - bol

Reply #127948 | Report this post

sf can go to the starting SF for woodville div 3 men. at a mere 5'11 he shows gusto every night just to complete. and compete he does, oh how he competes

Reply #127957 | Report this post

lefties would be like:

F ?
F ?
C bill russell
G gail goodrich
G nate archibald

coming off the bench would be david lee

wow, that was hard to think of... all i could think of were centres (david robinson, mark eaton, bob lanier, willis reed etc...)

the only forward i can think of is tayshaun!

Reply #127958 | Report this post

Undersized Pf  
Years ago

The people need to hear from the expert.

C Wes Unseld (at 6ft7 he cleaned the glass like windex and made outlet passes like cannons. also only man other than the big dipper to get MVP and ROY in the same season.

PF Sir Charles (the round mound of rebound, game changer)

SF Elgin Baylor (at 6ft4 was the original high flyer and had a career average of 13.5 rebs per game and averaged 19.8 rebs in 60-61)

SG Allen Iverson (probly the best scorer of the last decade)

PG Isiah Thomas (absolute game changer, scorer, passer did everything. "If he was 6-inches taller, where talking about the greatest player off all time" - Chuck Daley.

Reply #127963 | Report this post

Undersized Pf  
Years ago

btw charles was sometimes listed as 6'6 or 6'7 but actually he was 6'4

Reply #127965 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

Dantley was probably more of a 4 man. Could put Bob Pettit or Dave Cowens at the 5 spot.

Reply #127967 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Isiah was 6ft, a bit of a strech to call him undersized..

Reply #127979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about Earl Boykins? 5'5" and he had scores of 32 & 36 in his last 2 games! Averaging 15 points & 2 rebounds this season!

Reply #127997 | Report this post

cameron  
Years ago

my lefties

c bill russell
f zach randolph
f chris bosh
g gail goodrich
g nate archibald

Bench
bob lanier c manu ginobli g
tayshaun prince f michael redd g
david robinson c willis reed c
lamar odom f

Reply #128003 | Report this post

David K  
Years ago

I would have the following undersize team, be fun to watch. I would like to throw in Pistol Pete maravich as well, but at 6-5 he wasn't really undersized.

PG - stockton or nash
SG - Nate Archibald (tiny)
SF - Richard Hamilton - scoring machine or John Havlicek (all roundness and defence)
PF - Charles Barkley, i thought he was said to be around 6,4 as well. Way undersized, but body on him that just couldn't be defended.
C - Magic Johnson, he did play centre for a while, and he is undersize for a centre.

Reply #128018 | Report this post

Oh come on, magic played centre for like one game

wasnt bill russell undersized for a centre at 6'9?

Reply #128031 | Report this post

wolly  
Years ago

id probably go....

pg magic johnson
sg Lebron
sf lewis
pf yao
c bradly

;)

Reply #128032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chris Mullin would start for the lefty team

Reply #128051 | Report this post

fess  
Years ago

magic at the point undersized!!!!try oversized i dnt know many points taller than the 6'9" he is,agree with bill russel at centre as he is only 6'9"

Reply #128054 | Report this post

wolly  
Years ago

that was part of my joke fess which you oversaw

Reply #128067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hence bradley being the satrting centre..

Reply #128080 | Report this post

Undersized Pf  
Years ago

in regards to isiah hes not grossly undersized but hes probly the greatest little man ever (when talking guards)

Reply #128143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville won championship in 2003 with a starting five consistind of Dix, Mac-T, Higham, Sullivan and Cambell...now thats small!

Reply #128217 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

He was a PG but could play SG as well - Lafayette "Fat" Lever... Would have loved to see this guy play... Had some phenomenal seasons where he was a 2 or 3 rebounds and assists (that's his averages) off averaging a triple double a game... and at 6-3 for SG he'd be undersized i'd say...

http://www.basketballreference.com/players/playerpage.htm?ilkid=LEVERLA01

Those stats - for a guy in the modern (post-Jordan era) are pretty awesome...

Reply #128298 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:57 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754