Green train
Years ago

Will Woodville retire Whitmore's 35 as promised?

Nearly 3 years ago, at the clubs book and all time team launch it was announced it would retire "The face of Woodville's" Singlet at the next available home game.

Since then he has made the trip to Centrals. Surely the club hasent back flipped on this great honour just because of his move.

Come on Warriors get it together.

Topic #11040 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think retiring jerseys is a good idea... bring a bit of history to the local clubs.

Especially clubs with their own stadiums.

Reply #128091 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

If you remember, it was announced that once the new sponsors tops came through (Champion), then the top would be retired.
The tops were never wearable, and new tops have not come through. His top is still needed until new tops come through. It also hasn't helped his cause leaving the club and going to centrals. He hurt alot of people when he left.
Also just for the record, it was only 18 months ago. November 2005 to be exact.

Reply #128095 | Report this post

Northerner  
Years ago

"He hurt alot of people when he left"

He did no such thing, they are the ones with the issue. Scott did something to better himself, and if people have an issue with that, that is their choice.

For someone to say he hurt people is bullshit and they are not taking responsibility for their thoughts and actions.

Reply #128099 | Report this post

cruella  
Years ago

This is not the place to discuss this. I would think if Scott is worried, he would contact the Club direct.

Reply #128110 | Report this post

with woodville's management (or lack of) of last year's mens ABL side i'm not surprised this woodville legend hasn't had his number rightfully retired.

Reply #128111 | Report this post

here we go again!  
Years ago

who gives a shit!!! no one really cares do they? come on guys, post something worth reading. Bloody Woodville people, always living in their small little world. Scott wouldn't care if his no is retired or not, plus, I dont think the club would know how to do it?!?

Reply #128119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Leave Woodville alone. It is much more fun to do it Sturt.

Reply #128124 | Report this post

25yrs woodville  
Years ago

to eastern lowland gorilla, you had your change over the past 4 years to cement your place in the woodville aba mens side. The two coaches you had gave you every opportunity, so don't blame the woodville club for your failure. Scott's uniform will be retired as soon as the opportunity arises.

Reply #128231 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I dont read into ELG's post that he is blaming the Woodville Club - just the way last year's Mens' team was run - he did not appear to be given much of a chance to play basketball. He is now giving his time to coach a junior team and doing very well as a coach.

Reply #128238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so y did he give up a starting spot this year to play div 3???

Reply #128269 | Report this post

4 years? hmm i was in the team for 2 and gave up a guaranteed starting spot. Im glad you know my life better than i do, 25 years woodville.

Reply #128448 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about let's get all his old team on here to bitch about it, if they don't do it why would he want it done by them, If they dont willingly do don't beg..

Reply #128668 | Report this post

glen  
Years ago

this is not about elg - he made his own decision - good on him but about no. 35 - it will be retired when the time is right but at moment 35 is still needed - go the green train

Reply #128806 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:18 pm, Fri 10 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754