Interested
Years ago

Can you make a living out of Basketball?

I am interested to hear any feedback on whether you can make a living from running school clinics and holiday camps.

I see plenty of these advertised and wonder if it can be done.

Topic #11046 | Report this topic

A good question but it depends how much you need to 'make a living'. I earn about $80K a year and feel like im livin 'on the bones of my arse' most weeks.

I would be interested to see how much money can be made from this and ways which income from school clinics can be supplemented.

Reply #128183 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Does having a recognisable name (e.g., ex-36er/Lightning) help significantly in this field?

Reply #128188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I doubt you could any more. I'm sure Brett Brown and the Gaze's did well with summer heat, but I dont think the market is anywhere near what it was back then.

Reply #128253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only if you hold a food concession at the venue.

Reply #128267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

justin can you call home when you get off the forum?

Reply #128353 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:44 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754