Johnny Sack
Years ago

Time to liquidate KG???

I say this as a long-time Wolves fan, but with the surprise development of Craig Smith, and the fact that he still has a great deal of value to a team on the cusp of greatness... I think it's time to say goodbye to Kevin - and of course McHale with him... I do think that this draft lottery will have a great bearing onb what happens though - if by some fluke Minny get one of the top 2 picks (assuming Oden comes out as well) - he might be willing to stay - BUT that is a big if... I know he keeps saying he wants to stick around - but judging by his body language on court - i beleive otherwise...

Topic #11133 | Report this topic

hustle  
Years ago

KG deserves to ply for a contender

Reply #129755 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

if KG wasnt so greedy taking all the timberwolves money im sure they could afford more stars alongside him. look at 04, sprewell, cassell, szcerbiak. he won mvp and now is a greedy guy

Reply #129756 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

NOOOOOOOOO !!! I say KEEP KG - and Cornsey too.

Sure, KG is a dickhead and cant string intelligible sentence together, bu he's a PROUD SOUTH USTRAY_YUN and that must be defended against all criticism, logic, and anything else that doesn't fit a populist cause.

(Predicatable and tiresome, I know. But it HAD to be said.)

Reply #129779 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

what the.....

Reply #129788 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

Oh dear. It was a "joke". Obviously a bad one because it has to be explained.

The original poster was referring to an NBA player nicknamed "KG". SO... my attempt at humour was to take this nickname and pick up the similarity with "KG" Cunningham and his sports radio show with Cornsey.... you had to be there....

Reply #129790 | Report this post

Mr Black  
Years ago

Prior to the trade deadline, some talk was floating around about KG to the Mavs for Josh Howard and Jerry Stackhouse

Reply #129800 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

Boom Patrol how much is KG getting paid? Is it that much more than Shaq???

I dont think he is getting more than Shaq which just means that the Wolves front office is where the problem is. If a team can afford Shaq, Posey, Walker, Williams, Wade, Haslem, Payton and Mourning and win a championship then why couldnt the wolves afford to add more to the team they currently have??

Putting the blame on KG for the wolves not being a contender is not a fair judgement, especially when the fault clearly lies with the wolves front office!

Reply #129807 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

You didnt need to explain yourself sector 7 G - I thought it was funny

Reply #129829 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

KG to the Lakers for Lamar Odom and Kwame Brown....in a Offseason trade Perhaps...lol

Reply #129885 | Report this post

Bogut  
Years ago

Mr Black
"Prior to the trade deadline, some talk was floating around about KG to the Mavs for Josh Howard and Jerry Stackhouse"

That'd be two PF's for the mavs?
Stick KG at Small or Centre or?

Reply #129886 | Report this post

why does he deserve to play for a contender?

Reply #129985 | Report this post

Beef & Ham  
Years ago

because he cares about Ball and has had to carry a struggling team pretty much since his rookie season look at it the other way he could have quit to play the bass

enjoy it ELG

Reply #130040 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I have to agree with the 'KG is greedy' post. The shittiness of the Wolves is both KG's fault and also McHale's fault (the Joe Smith debarcle) and to a lesser degree, Taylor's fault for not sacking McHale.

For interests sake KG is being payed $21 mill vs Shaq's $20 mill. My guess is that Mickey has deeper pockets than Taylor and is happy to pay tax because of the simple fact that Miami are contenders whilst the Wolves are chumps.

I never heard the trade between the Wolves and Mavs. That's a new one. Care to find a link or is the link www.imakeshitup.com

It only gets worse for the Wolves, KG is set to make $22 mill next year and $24 mill in 2008/09. The Wolves are in bad news because they pay players like Jaric, Hudson, James and Blount over $6 mill a year. The Wolves have $58 mill commited to salaries in 2008/09.

The Heat have Shaq at just under 1/2 their payment at $20 mill, but overall are in a much better shape for the future with only $43 mill commited to salaries in 2008/2009

Reply #130060 | Report this post

Years ago

its the same story every offseason - - kg is always in trade rumours ... and its just not gonna happen - mchale is staying and has announced hes not shopping him...and also - i cant believe that people are actually saying its his fault they dont have success...and that hes greedy........where did that come from....???? what evidence is there to say kg is greedy? what coz he earns lots of money? like every single player in the league?

Reply #130282 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:15 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754