skip
Years ago

Free Agents News/Rumours

Here is a list of certain Free Agents and from what I have read/heard is where they are likely to land.
Has anyone heard differently or have any others?

Lanard Copeland - Likely to be kept on
Adrian Majstrovich - Gone
Brett Wheeler - Retired
Ebi Ere - Would think will be resigned.
Anthony Stewart - Singapore
Rashad Tucker - Adelaide (If Newley isnt signed by 36ers)
Dench - Adelaide
Darren Brooks - To Re-sign with Perth
Kavossy Franklin - Hawks
Larry Abney - Cairns
James Harvey - Gold Coast
Glen Saville - Sydney

Topic #11143 | Report this topic

AK-47  
Years ago

Darren Brooks to resign? Thought that they could get a better import than Darren Brooks. Any idea where Damien Ryan is headed?

Reply #129841 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ryan is trying his hand in Europe.

I thought Darren Brooks was fairly good for them. Gives them a steady option without having to chance on someone unknown. Has a touch more size than a Rowland or Scott from last year.

Reply #129847 | Report this post

wolly  
Years ago

stewart to resign with cairns but with a frount office position

Reply #129849 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

Anthony Stewart has retired from the NBL.

Reply #129850 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Both of you are going on old news I think. He has been fielding offers from teams (Singapore, NZ, etc) and the Cairns office job is a fallback, AFAIK.

Reply #129852 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Ive also heard that Nash wont be a sixer next year but is still likely to play, possibly even in Singapore.

Reply #129853 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Nash has not been released as written on several posts previously. I don't think his body will allow him to play on but he is still contracted.

Reply #129861 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Is that you Paul Bauer?

Reply #129862 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I would say not.

Reply #129867 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Potential Lineups:

Adelaide 36ers

C Moore/Cooper
F Ballinger/Dench
F Tucker/Copeland
G Maher/Ng
G Davidson/Sutton

Goldcoast Blaze

C Melmeth/???
F Cameron/???
F Import/McGregor
G Chappell/Joyce
G Harvey/???

Melbourne Tigers

C Anstey/???
F Thomas/Stiff
F Barlow/Hoare
G Newley/Corletto
G McDonald/Crosswell

South Dragons

C Horvath/???
F Holmes/Hobba
F Ingles/
G Heal/Hill
G Groves/Martin

Reply #129895 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Add Frank and Trahair to the Blaze. Swap Hoare and Barlow at the Tigers.

Reply #129897 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Goldcoast Blaze

C Melmeth/Frank
F Cameron/McGregor
F Import/????
G Chappell/Trahair
G Harvey/Joyce

That would be a definate finals team.

66pts with Cameron 8pts, Not counting SF backup.

Reply #129898 | Report this post

Re Blaze , I think Melmeth is most likely correct - but I am not yet sure about Trahair.

Reply #129899 | Report this post

Clark Kent  
Years ago

Re: 36ers. Where do you get Moore from? There has been nothing from the club or in the media to suggest they have any interest in Moore.

123 can I suggest you realise that forums are open to anyone. Some people will post inside information but a lot of people will post rumour or simply make things up. Even if someone somewhere has suggested Moore doesn't mean he's an option. In fact AFAIK the club hasn't spoken to him at all about next season.

Reply #129900 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

IMO, Isaac, Barlow would be a starter ahead of Hoare.

Our "big" options are drying up quickly, and outside of a large import to pair with Ballinger, I don't particularly fancy our chances of snagging anyone of any substance, including Moore.

Of course, those working wonders in the Dome office are talking to many more players than just those mentioned in the media, right CK? So of course they're really working hard to address the teams needs & ensure they're putting together a contender?

We can only hope. At the moment, all we have to show for the off-season is a handy, but declining 33 year old borderline starter. Ballinger is a good signing, and probably an upgrade on Horvath. But really, we won't be able to go to war as a title contender unless we have some major signings soon.

Forgive my skepticism.

Reply #129901 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

and with Barlow you have to remember, that Melbourne has the biggest Greek population outside of greece.
He is sure to be very popular there. Must be a starter.

Reply #129902 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

Barlow is greek?

Reply #129906 | Report this post

Clark Kent  
Years ago

I would think they are working on a number of options; but I'm not suggesting who they might be, 123abc is.

All I'm saying is that IMO he/she has no basis to be listing Moore as a possible Sixer starting C while posting ??'s on other teams.

Reply #129908 | Report this post

Jones CK  
Years ago

Frank yes, Trahair no.

Reply #129910 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

But you have previously suggested that they're looking at more options than what's been reported in the media. Who are they realistically looking at? You're the one suggesting they've 1) spoken to plenty of potential players and 2) need to be knuckling down on a few solid options for the upcoming seasons.

D16,

I think it's a reference to Barlow's turnover which helped the Greeks get over the line vs Australia in the World Champs

Reply #129911 | Report this post

Year of the Brave  
Years ago

Someone give Skip a ball for that one!!!

Reply #129913 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Clark Kent, i'm not saying that these players are guarenteed signings, i am just saying that these players are rumoured. Most are very likley to happen. I probably shouldn't have put Moore there.

If Adelaide are to sign Newley or an Import (Tucker?) then the centre is going to be an aussie. Melmeth? Blaze. Pepper? Hawks. Frank? Blaze.

The next best option is Moore. Whether they are talking to him or not i have no idea that's why i shouldn't have put his name down. As you can see, Moore would be the most likley prospect.

Reply #129915 | Report this post

Clark Kent  
Years ago

123 that's all I'm saying.

Moore is now 32, been out of the league for a long time and never more then a 8-10 ppg 7rpg player.

I don't think he is in any way someone that the fans would or should be getting excited about and IMO not someone who is currently on the radar; who knows I could be way off too.

Hoop IMO the club are looking at many options and I don't believe Moore to be one of them.

Reply #129917 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

I hope the Sixers can sign a better centre then Moore...

Reply #129920 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

Should the sixers be looking for any young players e.g. ones coming back from the states, that could play centre as one or as un undersized PF?

Reply #129925 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

C Melmeth/Frank
F Cameron/McGregor
F Import/????
G Chappell/Trahair
G Harvey/Joyce

That would be a definate finals team.

I totally agree, however there is no trahair or Chappell.

I think two imports one at F and G.
Also two young aussies 1 US College Aussie player and AIS player going to blaze.

Reply #129927 | Report this post

dinozzo  
Years ago

Blaze will be looking for an import PG - Harvey cannot run the point, maybe Trahair can have a go. But honestly try this:

melmeth/frank
mcgregor/cameron
chappell/demos?
harvey/trahair
import/joyce

Good team and will compete.

Reply #129935 | Report this post

dinozzo  
Years ago

Also looking at the free agents list, Frank and Joyce have apparently re-signed with the Hawks.

Reply #129936 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Or with the Blaze.

Reply #129939 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

i believe Frank and Joyce have get out clauses and are on they way to the Blaze.

Rumor Blaze Squad is :

melmeth
frank
mcgregor
cameron
Demos
harvey
joyce
2 Imports (1 SF With NBA experince other Point Guard)
Aussie Kid playing college

Overall very versitaile and will be competitive if true

Reply #129959 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

who's Demos?

Reply #129964 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

Tyson Demos : Currently at AIS

Position/event:
Guard, 190cm

Date of birth / birthplace:
03/07/88, Wollongong, NSW

http://www.ais.org.au/basketball/Demos.asp

Reply #129965 | Report this post

Johno  
Years ago

According todays mercury the hawks have made an offer to Ellis but won't become in a biding war.

Reply #130000 | Report this post

dry back  
Years ago

in other words townsville have him.

Reply #130003 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:18 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754