Drb
Years ago

Rumor Hawks in Financial trouble

Not sure if anyone else has heard this but I heard a rumor that the hawks are in financial trouble and may not even be in the league next season. Apparently struggling to get sponsors. Has anyone else heard this rumor?

Topic #11147 | Report this topic

Johno  
Years ago

The hawks have also been in finical prombles before but have mentioned to get out of it.

Reply #129966 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

I hear this time it is rather serious, nearly 500K - 750K in debt

Reply #130018 | Report this post

McHale K  
Years ago

Could it be that 5 years of dodgy Board decisions have finally caught up with them ?
Could it be connected in someway to the sudden departure of the GM some weeks ago ?

Reply #130055 | Report this post

Cowens David  
Years ago

Could be Kev - in fact some may see a connection! Isn't this the same GM/CEO (Paul Young) who the board appointed for his ability to increase crowds and grow sponsorship? Was'nt he the one who recommended to the enlightened Board not that long ago that they terminate the coach during the season? Is'nt he also a director and shareholder? Is he going to tip in some $ to keep the Hawks afloat? Did the Chairman of this enlightened group say on parting with the former CEO that they "were going in different directions"? Is that direction insolvency ?

Reply #130102 | Report this post

Bird Lawrence  
Years ago

Easy Dave,
U sound like you have been down and dirty in the low block with these enlightened board members. I heard the team of shareholders was originaly a big squad of 16 and are now down to 4 (not counting the young one). If this keeps up then this team of board members will have trouble finding someone to throw the in-bound pass. Hawks deserve better.

Reply #130106 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:26 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754