123abc
Years ago

36ers news?

I was watching 10 sports news and once a previous story had finished, Mark Aiston said his last speech that he always does and behind him was the Sixers logo on the screen that is used when they are about to go to a story. Did we miss out on a Sixers story due to a stuff up? What might it be about?

Topic #11159 | Report this topic

D16  
Years ago

Prehaps it was nothing!

Reply #130080 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

didnt see it. sounds a little wierd tho.

Reply #130081 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

story bout newley - showing it tomorrow instead

Reply #130084 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

MUST Remember!

Reply #130087 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

damn would of been interesting. i have to watch it tommorow.

Reply #130088 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Know what they will say?

Newley to the Tigers?
Newley to the Sixers?

Reply #130089 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yeah saw that, showed a clip of the interview newley said 6ers have brett who he has looked up to and the the tigers have Gaze asking him to join the tigers and it makes it hard to turn that down. As mentioned on other posts it look like he is off, and its a piece to show how hard a decision it is.

Reply #130090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Newley is a wanker and is out for himself and the money......not a team player IMO and I dont think it is the worst thing to happen to the Sixers!! Simon Conn to be the next Ingles of the league, we should be going after his signature!!

Reply #130095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I beleive it could be about Newley, but may also be to announce another signing!!

Reply #130096 | Report this post

Skudpud  
Years ago

Maybe if Brett is such a big role model for newley it might be time for him and maybe mark davis to have newley over for a nice little bbq, just to help intice him.

Reply #130098 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

I would be absolutely pissed at Newley if he goes to Melbourne.

How did you see the clip joshuapending?

Reply #130099 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Got a whisper the other week from interstate that they would be announcing Newley on a specific date - tomorrow. Guess we'll have to see. Cross your fingers!

Reply #130104 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

I have always hated the Tigers, but now it's different. They beat us to Newley.

I think i will need anger management...

Reply #130105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

123abc is ur name Brad??
:p

Reply #130108 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

no, i'm not Brad/the anwser

Reply #130109 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Who is the other signing likely to be??? dench???
i wouldnt mind them signing Simon Conn as the centre, as if nothing else its us taking a chance on a young guy and a look to the future, which im sure most fans will appreciate and like the idea of, especially since we have now officially missed out on Melmeth and Pepper is rumoured to be going else where so our options for starting centre are now either a fringe starter like Dench or Moore or take a punt on a young guy like Conn, unless we sign Conn and Dench with one of them being our back up PF?? that would prob be even better, then if we get a good import SF our team should be decent, an improvement on last year anyway
C Dench/Cooper
PF Ballinger/Conn
SF Import/Copeland
SG Maher/Ng
PG Davidson/Sutton

I guess the other option could be if Conn and Dench are deemed worthy of starting 5 spots, we could possibly try ballinger at SF ala Redhage and sign a import Guard to go with Maher, but that may be a bit risky since Conn has never played NBL and Dench is a fringe starter

Reply #130112 | Report this post

master?  
Years ago

Not sure if most people know that Newleys american based agent is a very good friend of the Gaze family.

Reply #130113 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Who is this Conn anyway? Is he a 12 -16 points a game player like Ingles last year?

How would he compare?

Why hasn't he signed with anyone if he is that good?

I'm guessing Dodman to be backup PF.

Sixers will have a crap team next year the way they are going.

Reply #130114 | Report this post

Hoops 68  
Years ago

130108 didn't sombody say the other day that 123abc is new alias for the old sixers 33

Reply #130115 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hoops 68, you might just be the first person to use the Random Name Suggester!

And yes, I would guess that 123 is sixers33 reborn, but it's not really a big deal.

Reply #130127 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Heard a whisper this morning of a Press Conference for the sixers today.
Have you heard anything more Isaac?
Could it be just to officailly announce Ballinger? I dont believe that has been done yet.

Reply #130143 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

I wouldn't believe any stories they show on the news. Before last season started channel 7 announced that the Sixers had signed Kevin Freeman.

Reply #130150 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ballinger was announced on the web site a while back.

I seriously haven't heard anything so these are my guesses:

1. Announcing Newley.
2. Announcing Dench to offset the Tigers announcing Newley.

Reply #130158 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

I would guess the second one.

All rumours point to Newley signing with the Tigers.

Reply #130167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Europe or the Tigers. the kings made a big bid, but it's Europe or the Tigers.

Reply #130866 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:43 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754