Todd
Years ago

Dragons 2007-08

The Dragons are really only one player away from a serious contenders roster. From what I have gathered. We have 11 Points remaining and 2 roster spots.

This current Roster looks like this

PG Heal/ Martin
SG Tez/ Hill/ Shannahan
SF Homes/ Ingles
PF Horvath/ Hobba
C ?/ Burston

1 point should be used for Ash Cannan as a big man insurance. The other 10 points are there to be used for a big name PF-C. Was hoping to get Pepper but he is now off the market.

Does anyone know what the go is with Nick Horvath and his import status? Because he was signed as an import does that mean he stays like that untill his contract ends? Or once he is given NZ citizenship... We can sign another import.

If so we need a Tyson Chandler clone! Or someone like Ellis, just 6" taller... post defender, shot blocker and offensive rebounder.

I have a had a little look in the NDBL and found some prospects:

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/kevin_lyde/

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/deji_akindele/

Could this work?

Topic #11268 | Report this topic

MILKY  
Years ago

doubt we'll go after anyone else. don't be surprised to see

1 Heal/Martin
2 Groves/Hill
3 Ingles/Hill
4 Holmes/Hobba
5 Horvath/Burston/Hobba

HORVATH IS A CENTRE IN THIS LEAGUE!! When will people understand this.

could look at a power forward, but who's available.

Reply #131256 | Report this post

3guardfront  
Years ago

To (#11268 | Grrr!)

You had someone like Ellis, ya Fool
(Or someone like Ellis, just 6" taller... post defender, shot blocker and offensive rebounder.) , youre Coach got rid of him !!! Derrrr!

Reply #131532 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

If we somehow get Horvath to play as an Aussie (really unlikely as NZ citizenship is harder to come by than Aussie citizenship), we should ring Rosell quick. I dare say that other teams are interested in him though.

Ellis playing PF with Horvath makes sense. Horvath on his own does not.

Shanahan will not play, he will Assist Heal (read suck up Heal's arse).

Hobba should not be expected to play bigger than SF, let alone Centre. PF at a stretch.

The backcourt will read like this...

Heal/Martin/Groves

Frontcourt......

Holmes/Horvath/Burston/Hobba

with Ingles and Hill swinging between the two.

Burtson is not a confirmed signing. They were certainly looking to upgrade at the end of last season, although options are running out. He may be back, I guess.

So, they have 2 roster spots left unless Burston is back. What they do with them will determine how good they can be next season.

Reply #131614 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:29 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754