Isaac
Years ago

Lightning contact Lauren Jackson

Lightning head-honcho Mike Daws has confirmed that he's contacted Lauren Jackson's management, but appreciates that it's a long shot.

Full article

Topic #11319 | Report this topic

TP  
Years ago

That would be awesome!

Reply #131869 | Report this post

Ak-47  
Years ago

Getting Lauren would be awesome. We'd almost have the championship from the time she signed the contract.

Reply #131884 | Report this post

russell coight  
Years ago

well we wanted a 5 player !!

jackson
woosnam
foley
camino
phillips

lorenzini
king
gahan

woah!!!!!

Reply #131888 | Report this post

russell coight  
Years ago

why dont we try to get willey back as well!

Reply #131892 | Report this post

Jimmy_The_Snitch  
Years ago

Doesn't Lauren Jackson still have a second year to run in her Korean Club?

Go Lozza - Gun

Reply #131932 | Report this post

Magic Man  
Years ago

That would be a MAJOR signing. Bigger then the Sixers signing Brad Newley.

Reply #131946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i would say so considering she is the best woman basketballer in the world.

Reply #131947 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Go Jackson! Go Australia!

Reply #131955 | Report this post

russell coight  
Years ago

lot of things to factor here -

she would be a huge pick up and probably title winning.

1) if canberra cant afford her - who have they lined up - ?? obviously a big gun/s

2) lauren has a big schedule - just finished / finishing in korea and into camp for seattle. then back here to play wnbl - sounds like shin splint time. there is no way she can afford to not be right for bejing - so she may need a lot of rest also between phoenix and bejing.

3) lauren will no doubt come to australia as she has said olympic gold is her final big challenge - so if she is in oz - why not make it adelaide!!!

4) rasmussen has been mentioned as an option as well - we under utilized her last season and beatty had her measure in teh prelim. however she has good moves and has been signed by connecticut - so she will quality as well.

but consider this angle (conspiracy theory!) thibault (connecticut coach) is assistnat team usa coach - wouldnt he be happy is rasmussen comes over again - excellent scouter for him - playing right amongst our girls - no doubt meeting jan and really understanding how the local opals think - she could supply him with a fully up to date scouting and psychology report on our opal preparation. injuries etc that they would never know about in usa

Reply #131982 | Report this post

Magic Man  
Years ago

Except she wouldn't do that.

Reply #132002 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

After listening to 5AA yesterday , it was mentioned that we are chasing GRIMA as well. Interesting to hear that the womens comp has no Salary cap which I didnt know.They were talking min of six figures for Jackson.

Reply #132058 | Report this post

torn acl  
Years ago

and you would know magic man.

she is a free agent and would keep in the good books at connecticut if she gave thibault a heads up.

i would expect and seek it if i was in that situation.
it is hardly espionage but the stakes are high and any coach worth their money would be scouting their hardest.

ras is a very very decent woman and there is nothing that says she can not do this - it is above board.

russell's comments are just an opinion on a forum

Reply #132104 | Report this post

Big Bird  
Years ago

Gahan would be in the starting five my friends.

No way in hell she comes of any bench.

Reply #132141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So everyone thought it was wrong when brisbane bought a championship but its ok when it happens in our own bakyard?

Reply #132143 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Given that Bishop and Beatty are with Canberra and Francis is at the AIS, I don't mind the club at least making a token play for an out of state centre.

Is there even a WNBL salary cap?

Reply #132149 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

anymore news about lauren to lightning? i would go to most home games to see her play... best women player in the game at the moment!

Reply #132993 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Reply #132996 | Report this post

torn acl  
Years ago

adelaide would be soooo good - it would be scary !! and a great development situation for the game in our state

Reply #133001 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:48 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754