KC- gone
Years ago

NRL increase crowds, what about the NBL?

I won't put the link on but in many eastern newspapers they have raved on that Monday Night Rugby has increased Crowds for the NRL, crowds 1 million so far this season.

I don't know if theres that much of an increase as they had an extra team join,
Ie 1 extra game per round?

Anyone know any numbers? for NRL or NBL?

Topic #11425 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

I attended the last Monday night game in Canberra between the Roosters and Raider. It's a great idea. Monday night football is really taking off over here, plus it's been huge in the NFL as well for many years.

Some teams/players bitch and moan about having to back up and not having as much rest as the other team, but they are professionals and should be able to deal with it.

Canberra's two biggest crowds of the year have both been Monday night games.

I think the NBL should adopt it and give it a run. Can't be any worse than Wednesday night games, but only if they market it properly which is next to near impossible for the NBL to manage or comprehend.

Reply #133171 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:48 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754